Making Ice Cream with Jello Powder

I've been cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and found a pack of strawberry flavored jello powder. It is nearly out of date and weighs about about 3oz. You mix it with boiling water and it sets to jello. Since its so hot where I live, I was wondering if I could mix it with milk instead, add some frozen strawberries and freeze it to make ice cream? Anyone have any suggestions please?

By Cettina from Malta, Europe

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Here's a link to get you started with your flavored gelatin ice cream idea:

http://books.go  mp;q&f=false

Best Answer

I don't know about making ice cream with it but I would sure go ahead and try it. A good and simple salad to make with jello instead.:

1 box Jello

15 oz cottage cheese

16 oz container cool whip (or make your own whipped cream)

Mix them all together until well blended. You use the dry powder only. No water is mixed with the jello. Refrigerate overnight. This is important because the jello needs to dissolve. If you wish you can add canned fruit to it. Be sure to drain it first.

This is very delicious.

Thanks Lorelei for the links. Unfortunately, we have egg allergies in my home and both recipes require eggs. Should have mentioned that in my query. Sorry, my mistake.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts JelloJuly 22, 2011
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 11:32:09 AM on 10.0.1.190 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.