Making No-Cook Playdoh
This is a guide about making no-cook playdoh
. An easy recipe for play dough that doesn't need to be cooked and can provide lots of creative fun for youngsters.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a recipe for playdoh that doesn't need to be cooked. It is super easy to throw together. I couldn't find any cream of tartar here in Vietnam, which is needed in playdoh recipes that are cooked. I found this recipe for playdoh that doesn't need to be cooked nor does it need cream of tartar. We had a great time making it as well as playing with it.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring
When we made this, we divided the ingredients into 4. I don't think this step is necessary, because you can add the food coloring to the dough after it is made. Either way works but upon making the play dough a second time, I preferred adding the color after.
- Add 1/4 cup of water into four separate bowls. Choose the four colors you would like to make. Then in each bowl, add about 5 drops of food coloring and 1/2 Tbsp of oil. Stir.
- In a large bowl, mix together the salt and flour. Then put 1 cup of this mixture into each bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Knead it some in the bowl. If it feels too dry, add a little more water.
- Then, on a floured surface, knead the dough. If after kneading, the dough still feels sticky, knead in a little more flour. The dough should be soft.
- Now let your imagination soar. Have fun!
December 9, 20150 found this helpful
Kids love playdoh and it is easy to make at home. Learn how to make it in this short video.
In This Guide