Making Pickles From Cucumbers

I planted a bunch of regular cucumbers, not realizing you might need to use only pickling cucumbers for making pickles. Can I use regular cucumbers and just pick them when they are pickle sized?

By jgmai from Canby, OR

Answers:

Making Pickles From Cucumbers

My mother never planted specific cucumbers for making pickles. All you have to do is pick them when they are the size you want the pickles to be. For some pickles, you slice the cucumbers either cross ways or length ways, and for them it wouldn't matter. (06/30/2009)

By redhatterb

Making Pickles From Cucumbers

Some of mine that I just did were big. I just took some of the seeds. I do Mrs Wage's pickles. They are sweet pickles. (06/30/2009)

By sallysue

Making Pickles From Cucumbers

I have tons of really old pickle recipes that my grandma used to make. Just let me know if you like sweet, spicy, dill, or bread and butter pickles. I also have a recipe for refrigerator pickles that is so easy. They are all to die for. (06/30/2009)

By auntie_lola

Making Homemade Pickles
Making Homemade Pickles
Dill Pickles
Recipes Using Pickles
Cucumbers on ice.
Freezing Cucumbers
Sweet Pickles on White Background
Sweet Pickle Recipes
Sunshine Dill Pickles
Making Sunshine Dill Pickles
🎉
🎄