Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making Recycled Garden Art

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Recycled garden art. A man made from recycled clay pots.

There are many things that can be reused to create interesting art for the garden. This guide is about making recycled garden art.

Solutions: Making Recycled Garden Art

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Crystal Garden Ornament (My Garden)

Decorative glass garden ornament made from reused glass items.Instead of throwing away a lovely crystal vase that I chipped on the top edge, I turned it upside down placing it onto a marble base of an old lamp. Then I glued a mint green beehive telephone insulator (that use to be on top of a telephone pole years ago) to the top.

It now sits in my flower garden. When the sun hits the crystal and glass it adds not only a sparkle to the area, but makes for a good conversation piece as well.
Before throwing out anything try and think of ways to reuse it! You might surprise yourself.

By linn from Dartmouth, NS, Canada

Tip: Recycled Garden Art

I decided to recycle my old sewing machine that is no longer of any value except for the junk yard. I placed it in my garden and am looking forward to watching the wildflowers growing around it this summer.

As a primitive artist, rust is my best friend; old tin cans, old wood, an old bath tub, and even an old wringer washer decorate my garden. The case that held my old sewing machine will be transformed into two pots this summer.

Sometimes you can look at old things with new eyes. I would love to hear how others use things in ways that they weren't meant to be used!

By Katie from Kamloops, BC

Tip: Sadie the Garden Diva and Garden Art

This is one of our garden art decorations. I picked up an old chair at a thrift shop and repainted it, added fairy wallies and decoupaged them to chair. Added the planter and positioned "Sadie" the Garden Diva!

Sadie is bought decoration but would be very easy to make yourself.

gardendiva1.jpg

gardendiva2.jpg

gardendiva3.jpg

gardendiva4.jpg

By Star

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!