Making Recycled Garden Art

There are many things that can be reused to create interesting art for the garden. This guide is about making recycled garden art.

June 21, 2012 Flag

Instead of throwing away a lovely crystal vase that I chipped on the top edge, I turned it upside down placing it onto a marble base of an old lamp. Then I glued a mint green beehive telephone insulator (that use to be on top of a telephone pole years ago) to the top.

It now sits in my flower garden. When the sun hits the crystal and glass it adds not only a sparkle to the area, but makes for a good conversation piece as well.
Before throwing out anything try and think of ways to reuse it! You might surprise yourself.

By linn from Dartmouth, NS, Canada

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Imaginative, creative, one of a kind...and you get all the credit.

Good for you!

I like.

February 4, 2010 Flag

I decided to recycle my old sewing machine that is no longer of any value except for the junk yard. I placed it in my garden and am looking forward to watching the wildflowers growing around it this summer.

As a primitive artist, rust is my best friend; old tin cans, old wood, an old bath tub, and even an old wringer washer decorate my garden. The case that held my old sewing machine will be transformed into two pots this summer.

Sometimes you can look at old things with new eyes. I would love to hear how others use things in ways that they weren't meant to be used!

By Katie from Kamloops, BC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yea for all you art garden people out there. I plan to turn my back yard into an art garden. I'm an artist more than a gardener but I think I'll be inspired to add flowers and plants along with my "creations". Hey folks put up some photos, I'm a visual kinda person. I don't yet have anything to be seen, but soon...I hope.

July 28, 2005 Flag

This is one of our garden art decorations. I picked up an old chair at a thrift shop and repainted it, added fairy wallies and decoupaged them to chair. Added the planter and positioned "Sadie" the Garden Diva!

Sadie is bought decoration but would be very easy to make yourself.

gardendiva1.jpg

gardendiva2.jpg

gardendiva3.jpg

gardendiva4.jpg

By Star

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

AHH A "GODDESS" of the Garden ..

Thanks for sharing her! :)

July 25, 2007 Flag

A teakettle on a stand

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I painted this tea kettle white and put black splatters on it. I set it on an old iron stove that sits on our deck. I will probably put some plants in it.

May 4, 2015 Flag

Recycled Metal Yard Art

While driving around our neighborhood we came across these neat metal sculptures. They appeared to be made out of various tanks and pipes. The person was at least 6 ft. tall and the snowman was a little smaller. They were super neat and made we wish I knew how to weld. :)

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 17, 2015 Flag

caterpillar

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I received a few old bowling balls from a friend and wanted to make something cute. Paint did not last. I decided that tile would be a lot sturdier and hold up to the elements. I love watching kids walking down the street and getting excited to see the Very Hungry Caterpillar and his friend the ladybug.

Crafts Garden & Yard Yard ArtNovember 26, 2012
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Bicycle Wheel
Making a Recycled Bicycle Wheel Pot Rack
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 3:51:25 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.