Making Recycled Garden Art

There are many things that can be reused to create interesting art for the garden. This guide is about making recycled garden art.

Recycled garden art. A man made from recycled clay pots.
Filter Sort

Mosaic Bug Bowling Balls

By Becky Miles 100 151

I received a few old bowling balls from a friend and wanted to make something cute. Paint did not last. I decided that tile would be a lot sturdier and hold up to the elements. I love watching kids walking down the street and getting excited to see the Very Hungry Caterpillar and his friend the ladybug.

caterpillar

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Crystal Garden Ornament

By linn 56 50

Decorative glass garden ornament made from reused glass items.Instead of throwing away a lovely crystal vase that I chipped on the top edge, I turned it upside down placing it onto a marble base of an old lamp. Then I glued a mint green beehive telephone insulator (that use to be on top of a telephone pole years ago) to the top.

It now sits in my flower garden. When the sun hits the crystal and glass it adds not only a sparkle to the area, but makes for a good conversation piece as well.
Before throwing out anything try and think of ways to reuse it! You might surprise yourself.

By linn from Dartmouth, NS, Canada

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Sadie the Garden Diva and Garden Art

This is one of our garden art decorations. I picked up an old chair at a thrift shop and repainted it, added fairy wallies and decoupaged them to chair. Added the planter and positioned "Sadie" the Garden Diva!

Sadie is bought decoration but would be very easy to make yourself.

gardendiva1.jpg

gardendiva2.jpg

gardendiva3.jpg

gardendiva4.jpg

By Star

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Tea Kettle Yard Art

A teakettle on a standI painted this tea kettle white and put black splatters on it. I set it on an old iron stove that sits on our deck. I will probably put some plants in it.

By WandaJo from TN

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Recycled Metal Yard Art

By lalala... 731 97

While driving around our neighborhood we came across these neat metal sculptures. They appeared to be made out of various tanks and pipes. The person was at least 6 ft. tall and the snowman was a little smaller. They were super neat and made we wish I knew how to weld. :)

Recycled Metal Yard Art

Recycled Metal Yard Art

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Recycled Garden Art

By katie 8

I decided to recycle my old sewing machine that is no longer of any value except for the junk yard. I placed it in my garden and am looking forward to watching the wildflowers growing around it this summer.

As a primitive artist, rust is my best friend; old tin cans, old wood, an old bath tub, and even an old wringer washer decorate my garden. The case that held my old sewing machine will be transformed into two pots this summer.

Sometimes you can look at old things with new eyes. I would love to hear how others use things in ways that they weren't meant to be used!

By Katie from Kamloops, BC

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Crafts Garden & Yard Yard ArtNovember 26, 2012
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    English daisies.
    Taking Photos of Your Garden
    How To Recycle Paper
    Making Recycled Paper
    A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
    Building with Recycled Windows
    Bicycle Wheel
    Making a Recycled Bicycle Wheel Pot Rack
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:23:04 AM on 10.0.2.55 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsPhotos
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost CommentsFewest CommentsRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings