Making Recycled Garden Art

Category Yard Art
Recycled garden art. A man made from recycled clay pots.
There are many things that can be reused to create interesting art for the garden. This guide is about making recycled garden art.

I had a corner of my garden that needed some color this spring. I saw some garden totems made of glass, but I wanted something with more color. I scavenged garage sales, thrift shops, and my own home and came up with this interpretation of my own. It gives my dull corner some brightness until the flowers start blooming. You can see a photo on my gardening blog under "Totem, Love'm":

By yoder178 from Elkhart, IN

Read 14 Comments

Instead of throwing away a lovely crystal vase that I chipped on the top edge, I turned it upside down placing it onto a marble base of an old lamp. Then I glued a mint green beehive telephone insulator (that use to be on top of a telephone pole years ago) to the top.

It now sits in my flower garden. When the sun hits the crystal and glass it adds not only a sparkle to the area, but makes for a good conversation piece as well.
Before throwing out anything try and think of ways to reuse it! You might surprise yourself.

By linn from Dartmouth, NS, Canada

Read 1 Comment

This is one of our garden art decorations. I picked up an old chair at a thrift shop and repainted it, added fairy wallies and decoupaged them to chair. Added the planter and positioned "Sadie" the Garden Diva!

Sadie is bought decoration but would be very easy to make yourself.

gardendiva1.jpg

gardendiva2.jpg

gardendiva3.jpg

gardendiva4.jpg

By Star

Read 4 Comments

I decided to recycle my old sewing machine that is no longer of any value except for the junk yard. I placed it in my garden and am looking forward to watching the wildflowers growing around it this summer.

As a primitive artist, rust is my best friend; old tin cans, old wood, an old bath tub, and even an old wringer washer decorate my garden. The case that held my old sewing machine will be transformed into two pots this summer.

Sometimes you can look at old things with new eyes. I would love to hear how others use things in ways that they weren't meant to be used!

By Katie from Kamloops, BC

Read 3 Comments

My brother made this for me out of my dishes from the attic, a spatula, spoon, and old spindle from a banister. Gotta love it. His touch was the metal around the flower.

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

1. Drill holes in center of 2 plates and the metal.
  2. Put a screw thru all 3.
  3. Add spoon and spatula at angles an secure with tiny screws.
  4. Spray paint it.

Now you have a cute yard decoration.

By bali from Summerhill, PA

I painted this tea kettle white and put black splatters on it. I set it on an old iron stove that sits on our deck. I will probably put some plants in it.

A teakettle on a stand

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Broken tile mosaic finish makes this recycled bowling ball project fun to do and gives you a cute piece of garden art. This is a guide about mosaic bug bowling balls.

caterpillar

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

While driving around our neighborhood we came across these neat metal sculptures. They appeared to be made out of various tanks and pipes. The person was at least 6 ft. tall and the snowman was a little smaller. They were super neat and made we wish I knew how to weld. :)

Recycled Metal Yard Art

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I was going through the unsold items from my yard sale. I found some wooden art frames.

Is there any way I can use hubcaps as yard art?

Betty from Lubbock, TX

Anonymous

Yes you can make anything into yard art

Does anyone know how to make yard art out of old broken rakes, shovels, etc?

Rolayne from Beasley, TX

try this website, they have some of the most wonderful, creative ideas for making garden stuff out of junk. You can search their archives for what you want, or post a question for ideas -this is a great website, I spent days & days reading back through all the messages when I first found it - alot like I did with this group too,LOL!!

http://forums2. … com/forums/junk/