Making Temporary Tattoos

Category Summer Fun
Temporary Tattoo
It is easy to create temporary tattoos, by using the right materials. This is a guide about making temporary tattoos.

Fun craft all year! I used it for Memorial Day, parents will love how easily the tattoos wash off!

• water-based face paints
  • small paintbrushes

Directions:

• Maybe you would like to paint on a flower tattoo or an American flag. It just depends on the holiday and what the kids want!
  • Comment Was this helpful? 1

Anybody ever use the temporary tattoo paper? What kind, did it work?

Madison

How do you do this? I don't get it there must be an easier way, and were can I find tanning tape?

Be careful about feeding homemade glue-coated paper into an ink jet printer. Glue could soften from the fluid in the ink and transfer to the nozzles leaving you with a useless ink cartridge or gunked up printer. It's safer for the printer to use paper intended for that purpose.

For stencil "tattoos" the neatest thing to use would be a permanent (Sharpie type) marker. They come in many colors. The ink can be easily removed with rubbing alcohol. For sheer stubborn durability on skin I don't think I've seen anything to match the ink that comes in color inkjet cartridge refill kits. It's not for no reason that these kits tell you to be careful and even wear protective gloves. Nothing normally used on skin will faze it. It will not come off until the skin wears off.

Is there another easier way of making a temporary tattoo dat lasts as long as henna tattoo but without using henna? Like using some other kind of ingredients.

Throughout the years, I've used many different types of temporary tattoo paper. Sadly, most if not all have the same mediocre qualities. They usually don't last too long, and if they do, they look super fake. I recently came across this company called tattapic (tattapic.com) that actually did the work for me in creating my temporary tattoos. The quality is the best I've seen, and they have their own designers that turn anything into a tattoo. Check them out, maybe they'll be of help and are what you're looking for.