Making Temporary Tattoos

Category Summer Fun
It is easy to create temporary tattoos, by using the right materials. This is a guide about making temporary tattoos.

Fun craft all year! I used it for Memorial Day, parents will love how easily the tattoos wash off!

• water-based face paints
  • small paintbrushes

Directions:

• Maybe you would like to paint on a flower tattoo or an American flag. It just depends on the holiday and what the kids want!
  • Comment Was this helpful? 1

Anybody ever use the temporary tattoo paper? What kind, did it work?

Madison

Okay: here's what to do.

You get some of that tan masking tape stuff. Get a strip and draw a design ON THE STICKY SIDE with markers. When you're done drawing, apply the tape's sticky drawn- on side to your skin. Then press down on it with a large, palm- sized rock. Wet a finger with warm water and carefully wet the tattoo. With the rock, push-- DO NOT RUB OR WIPE-- the tattoo. Fan with a mini fan until exterior is dry. Then carefully peel off the tape and you have a temporary tattoo!

if you guys want a temporary tattoo and you LOVE to tan..then i have the PERFECT temp tattoo.

all you have to do is either go to a tanning salon or the dollar store and pick up a package of stickers in the shape that you want (ie. butterfly, heart, lips) and make sure that the stickers are ALL THE SAME size because u will be using more then one. so stick the sticker any were on your body and go and tan...the sun wont be able to go through the sticker leaving you with a cute white shape of a butterfly or heart on your skin that will last as long as your tan does. it may take a couple days to make it REALLY visible. and each day that you tan..put a sticker on the EXACT SAME PLACE as you did all the other times..hence why u bought a bunch of the same stickers..

i personally have a cute butterfly on my lower stomach and its ADORABLE and really visible..

i totally encourage you to do this.

also if ur afraid of tanning in the sun, you can also use self tanner or tanning lotion that enhances your skin colour. just remember to put the sticker on the same place each time.

enjoy

So how do you get henna powder? and any other home remedies for temp tatts? These are all pretty cool. I just got my first henna and the dude sucked! it looks quite terrible and looking for a sltn.

I need an investigatory project about chemistry. I've thought about making homemade henna, but I don't know how to start it. If anyone knows how, reply pls. thankz.

i used to know how to make some with men deodorant, but i forgot how too. any one know how to? email me please: marina.mendez AT yahoo.com

Where can you buy henna powder any stores?

I heard that you use baking paper.

How do you do this? I don't get it there must be an easier way, and were can I find tanning tape?

Be careful about feeding homemade glue-coated paper into an ink jet printer. Glue could soften from the fluid in the ink and transfer to the nozzles leaving you with a useless ink cartridge or gunked up printer. It's safer for the printer to use paper intended for that purpose.

For stencil "tattoos" the neatest thing to use would be a permanent (Sharpie type) marker. They come in many colors. The ink can be easily removed with rubbing alcohol. For sheer stubborn durability on skin I don't think I've seen anything to match the ink that comes in color inkjet cartridge refill kits. It's not for no reason that these kits tell you to be careful and even wear protective gloves. Nothing normally used on skin will faze it. It will not come off until the skin wears off.

Is there another easier way of making a temporary tattoo dat lasts as long as henna tattoo but without using henna? Like using some other kind of ingredients.