Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

How do I make a blanket with the yellow Knifty Knitter? If I do this like I read and I hem, it still curls up. How do I fix that?

Jeannie from Morthport, Alabama

Answers:

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I've not used the Knifty Knitters yet but I do use knitting machines and all the finished work has to be blocked to flatten the edges. You have to pin the item to a blocking board (fancy name for a foam covered board) in the shape it is to be finished. Do this while the item is wet and let it dry pinned in place or use a steamer to set the stitches. If you don't have a blocking board you can lay it on a sheet on a bed and pin through the layers and steam it there. I wouldn't lay a wet item on a bed that way unless you're pretty sure it will dry quickly. (11/09/2006)

By carla bledsoe

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

The blanket will always curl up. To prevent this, I crochet at least four inches on all sides. I use the shell stitch and this makes the edging look very elegant and lacy. (04/01/2008)

By Carolyn

Knifty Knitter Loom
Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
long loom
Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom
Knifty Knitters
Making a Pot Holder With a Knifty Knitter
🎄