Keeping a Project from Curling on a Knifty Knitter

Category Crafts
Knifty Knitter
Knifty Knitters are a fun and easy loom knitter that can be used to make all kinds of kitted projects, sadly, the edges often seem to curl. This guide is about keeping a project from curling on a Knifty Knitter.

How do you keep a project from curling using a knifty knitter?

Judy from Traverse City

When I work on knifty knitter round looms my work always curl at the bottom. How can I get this to stop?

Margie from Selmer, TN

Answers:

Preventing Your Project From Curling When Using a Knifty Knitter

One way is to make a "hem". Actually it is a band that is formed by folding the bottom back after you have knitted about an inch or so. Then replace the stitches from the first row back on the pegs. Work the round the same as the others, and it forms a "hem". I hope that I am describing this in a way that you can understand. If not, let me know, and I will work up a sample and include pictures for clarity.(12/26/2005)

By Harlean from Arkansas

I never see it mentioned anymore, but have you tried blocking your work? This is steam ironing your work (under a pressing cloth) to adjust and set the shape of the piece. (01/16/2007)

By tucsoncarol