Making a Bobby Pin Necklace
This is a simple and inexpensive to make necklace. This is a guide about making a bobby pin necklace
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a way to reuse your hairpins to make a pretty and unique necklace.
Total Time: 15 min
- any type necklace; I used a ball chain
- 120 hair pins hair pins (any color or size - gold or silver reflect nicely)
- Get your hairpins (bobby pins). Next get a necklace. Any type is OK. This one was made with a ball chain just to match.
- You can make it all with one color of hairpins, or create a pattern. I did silver then black and repeated. Thread alternating colors onto your chain or other necklace choice. I used 120 pins in total.
- Finally put it on or display, and enjoy your creation ! :)
Did you know that bobby pins now come in many colors? On one of my visits to the local discount store I found a huge selection of colored bobby pins along with the normal colored ones. I decided to see what a necklace would look like with these dangling. I thought it was great because you could coordinate with your outfit. You could even do earrings.
By Louella from Billings, MT