Making a Fruit Fly "Trap"

It's that time of year when fruit flies can be a problem to get rid of. Recently when an old banana attracted them I had a "light bulb" moment.

Take any kind of container with a lid, place a piece of rotten fruit inside, let sit for awhile, when the flies are inside on fruit put lid on, throw away or take outside to empty. Works every time.

By Peggy from Cortland, Ohio

Answers:

Making a Fruit Fly "Trap"

Another suggestion, that I've had luck with. Take an empty cottage cheese container - punch a small hold, about the size of 1/2 the size of a pencil in the top. In the carton put about 1/4 inch of cider vinegar and about a 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of dish soap on top and mix just a little. The vinegar ( like the banana ) calls the flies. They eat the soap with it and drown. Every few days,flush the contents or throw out the whole carton and do a fresh carton. (06/06/2008)

By tejas

Making a Fruit Fly "Trap"

A small jar with an inch of apple cider vinegar attracts and kills them naturally. (06/06/2008)

By Adele

Making a Fruit Fly "Trap"

I am the star of my whole family with my fruit fly concoction. I found it on ThriftyFun and wasn't sure it would work but tried it because those things were driving me nuts! It's the one with vinegar, sugar and dish soap.
Thanks forever from the bottom of my heart! (06/06/2008)

By MartyD