Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Making a Hooked Rug Using Plastic Bags

Hooked Rug Using Plastic Bags

A great way to recycle loads of plastic bags is to make a rug. This guide is about making a hooked rug using plastic bags.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Plastic Bag Hooked Rug

Multicolored hooked rug made with shopping bags.We get plastic bags from all of our stores when we shop so I decided to put them to use. I found my hook rug canvas and cut my bags in 4 inch by 1 inch strips to make a plastic bag rug. They are soft and good for by the door and when they get dirty, just hose them off. Your only cost is the hook rug canvas. You can make them any size you want.

By Barb from Rothbury, MI

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Making a Hooked Rug Using Plastic Bags.

Question: Backing For the Plastic Bag Hooked Rug

With regards to the plastic bag hooked rug craft project (Plastic Bag Hooked Rug); what do you put on the back of the rug so it doesn't slip?

By Mary Beth

Most Recent Answer

By Andolopolus02/16/2012

I'm looking for recycled type ideas, but will welcome any other ideas too.