Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making a Kitchen Towel Holder

One way to keep that kitchen towel draped over the oven door handle from slipping onto the floor is to make a quick and easy towel holder. This is a guide about making a kitchen towel holder.

September 13, 2011 Flag

I made a towel holder for the kitchen. I had a yogurt lid that was begging for a project and instead of giving it to the kids, I took it.

I cut a hole in the middle of the lid, large enough for a towel to go through. I then covered it with duct tape all the way around. It would have been easier if I had had the whole width of duct tape to use, but I only had a lot of small strips, as duct tape sometimes does not come off the roll evenly.

After I was through with that, I taped a key ring onto the lid. Running the same strip of tape over and through the key ring and the towel ring.

Then I took a twisty tie and secured the key ring part to the nail in my kitchen. I had some lace, from an old fabric curtain piece, and I used it to tie a bow and also to attach it to the nail. It turned out really cute.

I love seeing it, and the towels being not on the floor! The only thing I like more is to see my kids doing crafts, which I always love to take pictures of. However, I am thinking of ways to tweak the design, to make it look more crafty. I love crafts! Here is a picture.

Blessings and have a happy Fall!

By Robyn F. from Tri-Cities, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you, to both of you, for your sweet comments. I am homeschooling now and we will be doing lots of projects that are tied into how the settlers in 1600 lived and ate, etc. I will probably post a few on here.

Blessings to you both for your comments, Robyn

August 28, 2011 Flag

I had a towel on the oven rack that kept slipping out. Putting it back in was a pain, as the slot between the handle and the door wasn't very wide.

So, I got a light bulb over my head! I simply tied a piece of ribbon around it with a knot then a bow. Now it stays in place and I can simply slip it out for washing!

Hope this helps!

By Sandi from Salem, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Love this idea, very decorative too! Thanks!

April 5, 2010 Flag

Finished towel holder.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Using a leftover shirt sleeve, I made this towel holder for my stove. Cut the sleeve in a rounded pattern at the shoulder end. Turn wrong side out and sew around that cut edge.

June 26, 2008 Flag

Kitchen Towel Rack

I recently got tired of opening my cabinet doors under the sink to have my hand towel fall off. I came up with a great idea. I went to Walmart and got 2 over the door coat hooks. I slipped them on the "junk drawer" (you can also use a cabinet door)and put a leftover leg support from those plastic shelf units you put together.

November 19, 2004 Flag

I needed a towel holder in my kitchen but cash was short. So I got to looking around my house for unused things that I could make one with. I found an oak toilet tissue holder that we had never used.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Home Decor KitchenApril 17, 2013
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder
Hanging Kitchen Towel
Making a Tied Hanging Kitchen Towel
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 19, 2017 at 8:23:54 PM on 10.0.0.215 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.