Making a Onesy Card for a New Baby
If you are looking to make a cute card for a new baby, try one in the shape of a onesy. This is a guide about making a onesy card for a new baby.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Spring is right around the corner and you always think of weddings or baby showers. I have put together some of the more popular designs to make your own baby shower invitations or you could use them as announcements. Keep your budget in line with a few simple steps and make your own baby invitation or announcement. (Don't forget to save one for the baby's book.)
Approximate Time: 20 minutes for 10
- stock paper in blue, pink, or green depending on gender
- glue stick
- white glue
- envelopes or make your own
- stamp of rose
- purple stamp pad
- swirl pattern scissors
You can make a variety of shower or birthday invitations depending on the gender of the baby. The two patterns shown here are the ones you will need to make the cards.
- Take the pattern and place it on folded card stock.
- Cut it out.
- Embellish it with stickers or rosettes.
- Cut the dress pattern and use a small rose stamp with purple ink.
- Stamp the dress all over. Cut the arms and hem of the dress with fancy swirl scissors.
- You can write in the information or make a block typed sheet to glue in with the information on it for the baby shower or birthday.
- To make the envelopes simply take 1 sheet of computer paper and bring it up to a fold.
- Clip to fit design leaving about an inch to glue the envelope with.
- Next take the sized sheet and fold down both sides. Remeasure the card so you know it fits. Bring the bottom up and glue that side to the inside.
- Glue the other side and allow to dry.
- Fold over the top.
- Address your invitation and then put your card in it. Seal with a touch of glue.
*** Note: You can always make your designs more attractive or scale it down to a very simple item. Rick rack on the onesie or around the edges of the dress would look very pretty as well. (The point being you make them to please yourself.)
By Gem from VA
This onesy baby card is a great way to send your baby shower invitations, thank you cards or birth announcements.
- 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock
- scallop punch
- round punch
- cuttlebug and folder (optional)
- template for onesy
- VIVA Pearl Pen cream (or brads)
- corner punch
- Cut the card stock at 3 7/8 x 11 inches, the piece left can be used to make a rectangular card.
- The 3 7/8 card stock piece, will make a standup card or two onesy.
- Score each card stock piece at the 5 inch mark.
- Trace the onesy template on the folded 3 7/8 card stock.
- Cut out the template and, if desired, emboss it in the Cuttlebug.
- Measure from the bottom of the crotch up, and score at 1 3/8 inches, these two flaps will aid the card to stand up.
- If you want to use the template for card fronts, divide at the shoulders for two cards and trim off below the score mark.
- For the stand up card, cut the cardstock at 1 x 1 inches and adhere to the inside of the back fold below the
- Use the punches to cut two circles. Stamp the smaller circle and adhere to the larger circle with foam dots.
- Use runner tape to adhere the circles to the onesy.
- For a larger card, use one onesy to decorate the front of the leftover card stock. Stamp designs on, then adhere the onesy. The photos should make the process clear.