Making New Baby Cards
Welcome a new baby with a thoughtful handmade card. This is a guide about making new baby cards
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Welcome a new baby girl to this world with a beautiful handmade card. Use symbols associated with little ones, like a cube, bear and duck, and bring some joy to the parents of this bundle of joy. You can also use this idea for a little boy. Just change the colors to hues of blue.
Total Time: 30 minutes, including drying time
Yield: one card
- pattern sheet
- 1 piece 10 x 6 inch pink marbled cardstock
- 1 piece 4.3 x 5.3 inch pink floral cardstock
- 3 leftover pieces of cardstock for the cube
- small piece of dark pink felt for the bear
- small piece of yellow felt for the duck
- leftover piece of dark pink crocheted lace
- small piece of 0.2 inch wide pink satin ribbon
- pink alphabet stickers
- 3 7mm wide wiggle eyes
- 2 10mm wide pink buttons
- 1 sticker with pink baby feet
- 2 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- silver 2 inch long safety pin
- pink glitter glue
- black and orange felt tip pens
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Score the pink marbled cardstock to create a card sized 5 x 6 inches.
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the pink floral cardstock to the front of the card.
- Trace and cut the cube from three different cardstocks and glue the cube to the front of the card.
- Add an alphabet sticker to the front of the cube.
- Trace the outline of the cube with the glitter glue and allow to dry thoroughly. Tip: Use a hairdryer to dry the glue quicker, but use the coldest setting of the hairdryer.
- Glue a piece of pink lace to the top of the card and use stickers to spell the word "baby."
- Trace and cut the bear from the pink felt and the duck from the yellow felt.
- Glue the duck and bear in place.
- Add a wiggle eye to the duck and two wiggle eyes to the bear. Use the felt-tip pens to color the duck's beak and to add the bear's nose.
- Add the safety pin and buttons.
- Make a small bow with the ribbon and glue it in place.
- Use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix the sticker.
August 1, 20150 found this helpful
This is so cute!
August 28, 20150 found this helpful
Just darling, and I love the google eyes! :)