Making a Puzzle Wreath

Jigsaw puzzles with missing pieces or inexpensive new ones are a good source of crafting materials. This is a guide about making a puzzle wreath.

January 24, 2007 Flag

These two photos show ornaments that are much different than the green and red ones I made in 1992. After writing the directions for these, I decided to make some more. I assembled a 550 piece puzzle and sprayed it gold.

To make the ring shape, I traced around the flat lid of a wide-mouth jar on white printer paper. These are three layers deep, and the bow is glued and stapled.

I did not put a hanger on them because they look nice with a bit of evergreen poking through beneath the bow. The puzzle made 24 ornaments. I'm all ready to give my friends a gift for NEXT Christmas!

By Coreen

These are great. Definitely on my list of gifts to give next year!

Hi Coreen

I really like your wreaths. I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused about drawing the ring on the printer paper. Do you glue the first row of puzzle pieces to the paper and trim it down later, or do you glue bits of the pieces to each other and use the paper circle as a guide?

Thanks

What is the pink that is on gold puzzle? It is not part of the bow because it looks narrower.

Thanks for reading! To answer the questions: 1) the pink is glitter glue. Poster paint works, too, depending on the base color you use. 2) You don't glue puzzle pieces to the paper. You lay a sheet of wax paper on top of the circle, then lay the first row of puzzle pieces. Run a ring of glue around the top of THAT layer and lay the second row of puzzle pieces, indenting them slightly. Don't worry if white glue shows, because it dries clear and mostly invisible. Hope this helps.

October 10, 2000 Flag

Many years ago, my son made this craft at school. It looked really cute! It's a hanging holiday wreath decoration or an ornament. You can make it any size, but the one he made was about 4 inches wide.

Crafts Crafts For KidsMarch 19, 2013
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Recycled Wreath Ideas
Recycled Wreath Ideas
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board
Making a Puzzle Board
Making a Puzzle Board
🎄