Making a Water Bottle Cozy

Does anyone have a pattern for a water bottle cozy? My bottle "sweats" on my table. I have an idea, but would like to get other ideas.

By Denise from GA

I just use coasters underneath the water bottle or glass. Never thought of making a "cozy" for a water bottle but it shouldn't be too hard to sew up a rectangular sleeve out of scrap fabric. Try leaving the bottom open if it's too hard to sew a cozy with a flat bottom.

Great use of an orphan sock! You can cut off the bottom to the length you need. ; )

Thanks, hadn't thought of the orphan sock! (DUH!) I did make one like OliveOyl suggested. Yep, decided to leave the bottom open, too hard to sew the round bottom in. Just using some scrap fabric and using over used towels from the rag bin as the lining. I have coasters, but my wonderful husband tends to sit his glass/bottle on kitchen counters without thinking about the puddle it leaves. I'm open to more ideas!

I just slip a baby sock on my 8oz bottle. That keeps it from sweating when I carry it in my purse. All kinds of baby socks available at Target in their "Dollar" kiosk in the front of the store. If the sock is too long just fold over the top. This also insulates the bottle even better.

I use one of the many orphan socks I seem to collect in my laundry. Cut off the foot part and just gather the cut edge with strong sewing thread. U can add a felt circle to the bottom, stitching it on with blanket stitch if u want more stability for the bottle. I sewed on novelty buttons too just for the fun of it.

I crochet, so I took a pattern for a hat and only made the starting circle as big as the bottom of the water bottle, then stopped adding extra stitches so that as I crocheted, it went up instead of bigger around. I made it half as tall as the bottle then finished it off. You might use a pattern for a baby bottle & make it a bit bigger.

Making a Water Bottle Holder
Crafts MiscellaneousJuly 11, 2011
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
🎉
🎄