Making an Autumn Banner
Banners are a fun way to decorate for an event, and can be made in a variety of ways. This guide is about making an autumn banner
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Add a handmade touch of fall to your home decor. This banner is simple to put together. All you need is fall theme cardstock, twine, and your favorite fall stickers.
Total Time: 45 mins.
- Recollections Primary Pin Dot Cardstock- orange
- Kraft and orange cardstock
- 1/16 inch hole punch
- double-sided adhesive, pop dot adhesive
- baker's twine- brown and white
- fall adhesive chipboard stickers
adhesive chipboard by: K&Company Johnny Yanok Fall Harvest Thanksgiving Adhesive Chipboard
- Cut 6 pieces 4 1/8 x 3 inches from orange cardstock and 6 pieces 2 5/8 x 3 3/4 inches from kraft cardstock; cut out flag shapes.
- Use adhesive to attach kraft flags to each flag base.
- Print out the letters on orange cardstock and cut them by hand. I used the font Times New Roman, size 200, Effects: Outline. Use pop dots to adhere to each flag.
- Take the 1/16 inch hole punch, and punch two holes on each flags. Weave your twine through to make your hanging strands.
- Add adhesive chipboard stickers.
With fabric scrapes you can make a fun banner for any season, party, etc. With my burlap samples and twine, this was easy and fast to put together. Here is my seasonal banner!
Total Time: 1 hour
- twine or ribbon
- glue gun
- craft paints
- With fabric cut a triangle approximately 8 inches. To make a fall banner you will need 4 triangles.
- Lay your twine or thin ribbon on the top edge of your banner about 1 inch down. Add a thin line of hot glue over your string and fold the top over. Make sure that you leave extra twine on the ends to attach or hang.
- Repeat this process, making them close together. It's OK if you have a gap between them.
- After gluing together, flip over to finish side and stencil letters. You can add other stencil designs as you like.