Moon Photos

Category Scenery
A photo of the full moon.
Throughout the year, there are so many beautiful views of this earth satellite, that can make wonderful photographs. This page contains moon photos.

There will be a total lunar eclipse this Saturday evening. People who live in Europe will get the whole show but the U.S. East Coast will see the moon come up fully eclipsed. It should be a beautiful sight if the skies are clear.

I live in the cloudy Pacific Northwest so will probably miss even the tail end of the thing. I'm waiting anxiously for the next one on August 28th, which will be best visible from the West Coast but will be in the middle of the night.

If anyone gets any photos, please post them for everyone to see.

Jess

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/070302_ns_eclipse_elsewhere.html

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is a collage of five images of the December 21 lunar eclipse that I took from my backyard in Sarasota, Florida. My family members were all asleep during the eclipse, so I took these photos to share the experience with them of this event that will never take place again in our lifetimes.

By Joe

Collage of eclipse photos.

Comment Like this photo? 71

My sister is a missionary and they shared this picture of how beautiful the moon is over the ocean. Yes, this is the MOON!

By Robyn

Moon in Africa.

Comment Like this photo? 28

This photo was taken at night during the "big" full moon.

By Sue

Moon seen through tree branches.

Comment Like this photo? 23

I caught this image from out in front of our home. Nature creates such beautiful scenery.

By Kathy L.

A dark blue sky with a hazy moon over the trees in the distance.

Comment Like this photo? 10

I took this picture of the moon last winter.

By mama22 from WV

Harvest Moon Through the Trees

Comment Like this photo? 10

Dusk moon with a bird flying by.

By Moonseekerjade from Onset, MA

Moon with pink clouds.

Comment Like this photo? 8

Took the dog outside for a late night walk and noticed the moon coming up. When I got outside with my camera, it seemed to be nestled into cedar tree branches. The sky had a deep blue appearance which set off the golden color of the moon.

By Ann F.

Moon Glowing Through Trees

Comment Like this photo? 10

We were outside tonight and enjoyed gazing at this pretty full moon as it started to cool off. Always a special sight to see!

A full moon over a neighborhood.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

We have a big old tree in our backyard. I was busy doing some errands on the back porch. It was quite cold; it seems as if we skipped autumn and went straight to winter. I couldn't help but notice the moon framed through the tree branches. A great reminder that even during the winter nature can still surprise us!

One Cold Wintry Night - very dark view of tree and night moon

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

It is the early evening of January 1st 2017 and we are treated with a clear sky and fairy tale moon. You can almost imagine a child snuggle up on it in a blanket. Does anyone know what the bright star is "nearby" ?

Fairy Tale Moon - moon over rooftop with star to the left

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Such a beautiful February night with a full moon rising after a crisp snow. I can still smell the freshness in the air and the calm around me as I take the picture.

Full moon through snowy trees.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

I took this picture about 1 hour ago. It looks like two moons, and I thought that was just too cool.

Moon photo.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I tried to take a photo of the most awesome looking moon tonight through the trees but couldn't capture it the way I wanted to :-( Emailed it to a friend even though I was disappointed and he said, "You tried to take a picture of the moon but a ghost got in the way" ;-)

A moon photograph that resembles a ghost.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Took this picture of the moon while we had the kids at the drive-in movie theater. It was beautiful!

By Emily

Scenery: Moon

Answers:

Scenery: Moon

Drive-in movie? Where is that located? Oh' and the photo is nice. (08/20/2010)

By paulajeromeg

Scenery: Moon

I am definitely a "moon person" rather than a "sun worshiper", and this is just the type of photo I love best. It's really beautiful, a little bit mysterious, cool (rather than warm) looking and the clouds passing over it very interesting. We're not even seen a drive-in movie in over 30 years. Glad to know they are still out there somewhere. A big thumb's up and thanks for sharing.

Pookarina (08/20/2010)

By PookaRina

Scenery: Moon

Beautiful photo of the Moon! (We have one drive-in movie theater left in Northeastern Ohio.) (08/20/2010)

By Maryeileen

Scenery: Moon

I haven't been to the drive-in for years, either. We used to go all the time when I was a kid growing up in IN. Boy, do I miss it! Not that I could see the moon or the movie these days, lol! Thanks for letting me see it through your eyes, you and Pookarina. :D (08/23/2010)

By JustPlainJo