Mother's Day Party Ideas

Honor your mother on Mother's Day with a party. This is a guide about Mother's Day party ideas.

Mother's Day Party Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 2, 2013 Flag

If we are planning a meal at 2 p.m. on Mother's Day, what do we call it? a brunch, luncheon, dinner?

By Carol K

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

While in England, I was invited to a 2:00 "luncheon" with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and The Royal Family. So I would say it is a luncheon.

I'd call it lupper.

I think it depends on the type meal that is being served. If it is a sit down dinner, then it is "dinner". If it is less formal it is a late luncheon. Usually with family things aren't that formal.

Read More Answers...

April 17, 2005 Flag

A few years ago I helped get together a Mother's Day banquet themed: A Potpourri of Memories. As a party favor we did multicolored bags filled with potpourri, and put together a small book of poems and readings about mothers in all stages of life, the poems were: To Daughter, to Son, A Single Mother, HIS Mother, Mothers Prayer, Those little red sneakers, prayer for those who live alone, Love and pet me now (for older mothers). The guest speaker was an older Mother recalling memories of child raising.

I am very proud of this and would gladly copy and share these poems with anyone who would like to use it for their church banquet. Email me @ Shearerrv(at)aol.com and leave an address.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 18, 2007 Flag

I am really on a tight budget for Mother's Day for my church. I need to do 300 favors for all the mothers and only $100 was given. So please help me out with some ideas.

Thanks,
Terryann from Hartford, CT

Thank you guys for all your suggestion last year. I did 300 tealights wrapped in tulle and engraved ribbon with Happy Mothers Day and it cost me $65.20. I have a engrave machine at home. Thank you again.

I am up for another idea this year for 300 people, again at my church. So please send me your ideas.

Last mother's day I needed to come up with favors for the mothers at my church. I went by the farmer's market and bought inexpensive flowers in the bedding trays. When I got home, I cut the sections of the tray apart, and wrapped tissue paper squares around the tray with a curled ribbon. They were very pretty with the flowers coming out the top of the tissue paper. The mother's loved them, and it was very inexpensive.

Last year we splurged a little and got each mom 2 chocolates and put them in little purse shaped favor boxes, but you can take the same idea by making each mom a little chocolate (maybe a truffle) and wrap them in colored foil. If there's budget left you could place a sticker or glue a small silk flower on top. Or, if you know someone who has a die-cutting machine that you could use, you could make little boxes for them.

Read More Answers...

April 17, 2015 Flag

How can I decorate for my church banquet for mother's? We are doing a "Country Picnic" theme and would like to use red-checkered tablecloths for our 8-ft. tables, but what to do after that?

By Stephanie

How about researching all the first names of the mothers in your church and enlarging them a bit, then printing them out onto sheets of colored paper? Everyone will look for the name of their mother so it will make the decorations personal!

Flowers on the tables, perhaps corsages for all the mothers (depending on your budget), colourful serving dishes and napkins? Have fun!

May 5, 2008 Flag

I need Mother's Day Party ideas. I've been asked to come up with a list of "Mother Types" ie oldest mother, youngest mother. I really can't think of much beyond those, and am not having any luck searching. It is at my Church May 10th. Any help would make my day. Thanks in advance.

Gina from Maine

Can't remember what has already been suggested, but... Mother of the youngest child, mother of the oldest, military mom, ministry mom, homeschool mom, brain building mom (we have one that likes to do those brain puzzles a lot), bi-vocational mom (for a mom that works a full time job as well as being mom), newest grand MOM (new grandma)... Thanks for the inspiration to get ideas for our church day as well!!! We are a small church so trying to come up with a recognition for every mom present this morning. Hope your service goes well also! Nancy

Thanks for the ideas. Our event went great, These are the "mother types" I came up with-

Mother who had a child born in a car-0 results

Mother that had baby at home- (1) baby is now 65years old

Mother with largest baby-(1) 9lbs. 14 oz.

Mother of twins-(0)

Mother with smallest baby- (1) 4lbs. 6 ozs.

Mother who was the oldest when she gave birth to her last child-(1) 36 years old

Mother with the most grandchildren-(1) 9 grandchildren

I also read a poem I got off the internet "Before I was a Mother" then I had all the mother's write their own lines to that statement. Had some pretty funny one and some sweet ones. All in all we had a good time, praising the Lord for allowing us to be Mother's. Thank you everyone for your input. I will certainly used this site again. Happy Mother's Day to you all!!!! Gina

It has been several years since this question was asked, but I am sure there are still ladies asking and finding this page. We have used different criteria every year so it isn't always the same. Some additions to those already listed: most children (can also count grandchildren to change winner) present; who has the most photos of their children with them; child furthest away from home (I won that when my son was stationed in Iraq); children closest to the same age (if no one has twins); most children who have children (not the same as most grandchildren!); mother carrying diaper/burp cloth/bib, paciy or other baby item even though they do not have a baby at church that day; woman who has worked the most shifts in the nursery (this is good for honoring those who don't have children); "reverse mother (someone who now has their mother living with them because they need caring for); generations (we have four generations of ladies in one of our families that all come to church, you might even find someone with five!); next mother (if you have someone who is expecting- especially fun if they haven't announced it yet but are ready to); chauffer mom (who always drives the kids to away games, sleepovers, other activities); "doctor mom" (who do you call for advice when you don't want to go to the doctor or ER, fixes the cuts and pains at church, etc).

If you are like us - a smaller church you know who is going to win and who won last year. You can think about who needs to win and what is something special about them and go with that. Someone mentioned the idea of reading these type categories off and giving yourself points. That could be good for a change.

Read More Answers...

January 21, 2009 Flag

I am trying to come up with a theme for our Mother's Day brunch at Church. I found ideas for prizes, but I really need themes. Can anyone help, please?

Sharon from Beckley, WV

These are all nice.

Under the feet of Mothers, there has exist paradise.

"A Mother Is..."

A teacher

A nurse

A Coach

A Cook

A Referee

Etc.

We do a coffee/cafe theme at our church now. We did the tea for years, but felt the need to update that. Last year we based it on Col 2:7 "rooted, built up, strengthened" with nurture as the overall idea. We painted large coffee mugs with flowers and filled them with coffee beans and placed tea lights in them as centerpieces/door prizes. We dipped plastic spoons in chocolate and drizzled colored white chocolate over it, wrapped in cellophane and tied with raffia (as coffee stir spoons) for favors.

Other ideas I'm playing with for this year's decor: French cafe theme (think Paris cafe or boutique), quiche lorraine or croissant lorraine (scrambled egg filling with traditional lorraine ingredients), tartines (open faced sandwich on toasted bagettes), lavender scented chocolates (simmer milk with lavender and strain before adding chocolate, then put in molds), little lavender or coffee soaps with raffia ribbon for favors, etc.

beach/spa theme (to treat the ladies and recognize that they need to be pampered) using Kona coffee and tropical desserts; colors: turquoise, light green, soft brown, but mostly white; sand in jars with raffia ribbon around the lip and tealights inside as centerpieces, little lotions or bubble bath as favors. Hope these help!

Read More Answers...

March 11, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have any ideas for games and decorations for a Mother's Day church party.

Marjorie from Michigan

What are the ages of the guests?

Mostly 50 to 90 but there will be daughters and granddaughters there too.

Things I remember about my mother; hair color, eye color, work [housework or outside home}, her favorite color, her most treasured items, best recipe, her most used phrase, when you regret not listening to her advice,her best clothes, nniest thing you remember she did, ect. End with a prayer thanking the Lord for their Mothers.

August 14, 2009 Flag

I would love to have a Mother's Day luncheon, but I don't have a clue on what games or activities to do. What can I do at my Mother's Day luncheon?

By teresavg from Chicago, IL

I am not sure how old your mother is but you could try to find pictures of her when she was younger and display. Maybe if she has a friend that she hasn't seen in a long time find them and invite. A really fun thing to do is buy the little children one time use cameras and let them take the pictures. You would be surprised what they can catch. As far as games if my daughters did this for me I would rather watch the children play games and laugh at them. After all isn't that what being a parent is all about anyway; the darling children.

You certainly are planning ahead ;-) Could you post more info about the luncheon? Is it for you, your mom or for a few moms? It would make it easier to come up with ideas for you that way :-)

May 7, 2008 Flag

I need ideas for how to decorate a straw hat for a mother's day banquet.

Ruth from Russell

Ribbon and silk flowers and lace have always worked well for me. Just gather up what you can lay your hands on, and try out various ways. Once I put a large rinestone pin on my garden party hat, and that was a big hit, and it was real, real simple.

Find fake flowers at a thrift shop, rinse them up in the bathtub if you don't have a kitchen sink sprayer, and cut them up to hot-glue around the brim.

April 15, 2008 Flag

I am decorating the tables for our annual Mother's Day program. The theme is "Spice It Up". Spicing up your life, getting a makeover, etc. Any ideas on what to do for the centerpieces?

Stephanie from Munroe Falls, OH

How about some small decorative jars of spices! You can buy cute little glass jars and fill them with spices like cinnamon (ground or sticks), black peppercorns, etc. Put a ribbon about the lid, and a small tag to label the contents. Group them with small vases of carnations for height. You could either have a raffle or play a game to see who gets to take home the jars. Decorating and gift in one!

If you wanted to incorporate teacups (which are adorable as table decor), you could put some spiced teas in jars with labels, then have the flowers floating in teacups on saucers. Very dainty!

Hope this helps...

I would fill clear bowls with inexpensive makeup, hair gel, mouse, combs, sachets, etc. This can then also double as their party favors.

April 4, 2007 Flag

For a Mother's Day party at my church, does anyone have any ideas for a game? The "theme" is Consider The Lilies, but the game does not have to go along with the theme.

Answer This QuestionMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties PlanningJanuary 31, 2013
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 28, 2016 at 8:11:19 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 736 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.