My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

I have a lab/shrp mix 8 yr old female dog, and lately her breath stinks bad. Is there something to help that?

Sasha from Allentown, PA

Answers:

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

I had a tip for humans with bad breath which was to eat yogurt daily and it reduces the bacteria, so I would assume it might work for our pets as well. (05/16/2005)

By witchdancer4

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

I don't know about yogurt for a dog. I would ask a vet first. My puppy has bad breath too. I got the pup toothpaste and found it easy, well sort of easy, she loves to chew everything, so I load the toothbrush and let her chew away. Then I finish to get the back teeth. I figure it's better than nothing. But she still has bad breath. I was wondering if maybe it is her stomach or something. She's due for her next well visit soon so I will see what the vet says. But since all the little chew things she has stink I would assume that's why her breath does too. (02/13/2006)

By valery

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

My dog's breath is just horrible. I use baking soda on him since we don't have regular dog toothpaste. Is that okay? (05/21/2007)

By Sally

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

A little baking soda and water mixed together as a paste helps to clean your dogs teeth. But don't use very much baking soda, because salt is not good for your fury friends. (07/12/2007)

By mandygirl21

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

Try a product called LaSenti CF. It's an all natural tablet that you give to your pet. Not only does it totally eliminate breath odor, but coat odor too, and it eliminates the bacteria which causes plaque. Go to www.lasenti.com. It has clinical studies to prove how it works. (08/13/2007)

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

I just got done brushing my dogs teeth with baking soda, and I can say she didn't like it at all but it helped her out.

You'll need the baking soda,
It's own toothbrush.
A washcloth.
Bowl of water and a treat.

First of all, have her in the right position, probably your arm around her and say, "stay" and keep saying, "good girl" and "stay".

Then dip your toothbrush in water then baking soda.
Then get scrubbing (fast too), because they won't like it, after done scrubbing let them get a drink.

Take the washcloth and wipe her mouth off. Give her a treat and be sure to say, "good dog". =]

P.S. I put some light music on to calm her a little. (11/17/2007)

By gg head.

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

The information you gave really worked. My dog hated it, but it really helped him a lot. (12/02/2007)

By kiera

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

I have been using LaSenti on my Fluffy for the last 4 months and cannot believe the results. No bad breath and his gums are looking great with no build up of plaque. This product is wonderful. (01/13/2008)

By Pamela

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

I have a 6 yr old boxer. His breath used to smell like a dirty fish tank. I took him in for a professional cleaning, and that helped tremendously! Now, I keep his teeth clean at home. I mixed a strong chicken base (1 tsp. base to 1/2 cup water) and baking soda to make a nice doggie toothpaste. It works really well, and he doesn't seem to mind the taste (unlike regular baking soda). Now it's a daily routine, and his vet says his teeth look great! (04/29/2008)

By Nikki

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

I gave my dog a tablespoon of plain yogurt a day and his breath has greatly improved. (06/07/2008)

By jacqui4321

My Dog Has Bad Breath - What Do I Do?

Careful of the LaSenti, they claim natural and organic, yet they use chlorophyll in it, which is a semi-synthetic substance. Try Proden PlaqueOff Animal. Truly is 100% natural and works wonders. www.plaqueoff.com (09/17/2008)

Jack Russell Terrier with bad breath.
Remedies for a Dog's Bad Breath
Yawning beagle next to man making a yucky face
Puppy With Bad Breath
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum
Photo of woman covering her mouth with her turtle nick.
Remedies for Bad Breath
🎄