My Frugal LifeFrugal Living

My Frugal Life: Compromise and Compensate

As children, we grow up not ever paying attention to advice or knowledge provided by our elders, usually on a frequent and routine basis. Going along with our childish and playful days, knowing it all, and living the racey lifestyle, along with making unattentional choices, with little regard to our bodies limitations of the aging process. That never crosses the mind of a younger individual, who is full of life and living in the real world.

With all the limitless choices to select throughout one's lifetime and struggling with our physical, mental conditions, and what we're genetically provided, individuals strive to survive. The future is unpredictable and one does not accept change well, as a general rule. Choices made throughtout our lifespan, will not only determine an estimated length of time on earth or the quality of life one has, but ultimately, one has to pay for the consequences of the choices made and play the hand that was dealt from the beginning of existence.

Based on my past experiences, choices made, and not knowing what the future had in store for me, I can reflect back and realize I had to learn only two words in the later stages in life. They are: Compromise and Compensenate. I believe I have reached that age in my life where I can look back now and say, if I had only paid attention to my parent's advice. It's kind of like Monday night quarterbacking. My golden year's rule is to Compromise and Compensate!

By Alissa A. from Texas

Too bad politicians don't follow this! Good advice.