Nail Polish Remover on Table

Does anyone know how to get nail varnish remover out of an oak veneer table?

Susie from UK

Answers:

Nail Polish Remover Spilled on Table

My parents had gone out to dinner and sitting at my dad's beloved finished wood computer desk, I was removing my nail polish. Accidentally, the nail polish remover was knocked over, onto the mouse, onto my cell phone, onto the mouse pad and most importantly the desk. I quickly grabbed a roll of paper towels and wiped off the remover from the desk.

**NOTE: DO NOT WIPE! Dab it up, because wiping it spreads the stain and removes MORE of the finish. After getting most of it up, I wet down some paper towels and cleaned it off the best I could. Like the other responses say, I slathered mayo all over the desk. My parents got home and I explained what happened. The mayo I used was low fat.

We decided the fat was what helped so we added olive oil and, like the other responses said, ashes (from the fireplace). We mixed it all up on top of the stain and left it for about an hour. After wiping up the mayo-olive oil-fireplace ash mixture, the desk looked much better. Less noticeable, but not gone. (01/02/2009)

By Unlucky

Nail Polish Remover Spilled on Table

Thank you so much, mayo kinda worked. Tip: Do not try scratching it off first. Once the stain is gone, the scratches will remain! I learned the hard way. (02/20/2009)

By VASUDHA

Nail Polish Remover Spilled on Table

I am trying the mayo and ash trick as I type, I'm desperately hoping it will work. There seems to be a lot of positive feedback on this site. My fingers are crossed. (02/22/2009)

By Shana

Nail Polish Remover Spilled on Table

Use an iron over a paper towel for 10 seconds and it will be gone from your wooden table! Mayo did not work for, me but this did. (07/22/2009)

By relieved29

A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 19, 2016 at 10:15:16 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 939 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.