DIY Nail Polish Remover Jar

Category Nail Tips
Making your own instant polish remover in a jar is easy. Learn how to make your own DIY nail polish remover jar in this guide.

Sometimes when I'm painting my nails or doing nail art, I'll have one nail in particular I want to redo and remove paint from without getting nail polish remover on the other nails. I hate that cottony mess! You can quickly make your own nail polish remover jar that you can use over and over using just a few household items.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 jar

• 1 small clean empty glass jar with lid
  • 1 sponge
  • nail polish remover
  • scissors

1. Cut the sponge so it fits nicely in the jar in two pieces without overflow.
  2. Place one piece of sponge in on one side of the jar. Position the other one next to it, filling up the jar. You might have to use more sponge to fill up your jar. You want there to be enough pressure to clean your nail when you stick your finger in the middle slot between the sponge pieces.
  3. Pour just enough nail polish in the jar to saturate the sponge pieces.
  4. You're ready to remove any polish. Dip your finger in and rub your nail against the sponge. No mess, no hassle, and your other nails aren't covered in liquids and pieces of cotton!

Oh, I thought you meant toenails. That's where I have problems.

Put your toes in it, too :)