Sewing MachinesMachines

Needle on Sewing Machine Won't Move

I have tried two controls for my favorite machine. The bobbin wound fine, no problem at all, but not the needle won't move. What could be wrong? Thanks for any help you can give me. The nearest repair store is 50 miles away.

Best Answer

You may need to tighten the inner portion of the wheel on the right side of your machine (hand clutch.) It could also be a broken drive belt.

Best Answer

Sounds like you may have a thread jam or lint jam.

Check the bobbin winder to be sure it is off.

I would then take all the thread off of/out of the machine.

Do you have your manual?

If so, check the instructions on cleaning, and clean the machine horoughly.

When was the last time your machine was oiled?

This can be a problem also  just be sure to use only sewing machine oil  not WD-40 or 3-in1 type products as they can sometimes make your machine freeze up. Also, only oil points indicated in your manual.

A new needle probably wouldnt hurt  just in case.

Thanks, no manual. I have tried most of the things you have suggested, except for the belt. Going to try everything again. Not sure about the belt. I may have to drive a long way to take it in.

Depend how long its been since you change your needle dust dirt rust may be trap inside pull needle out clean inside and spr ay needle hole with WD 40

Best Answer

If the belt is slipping, you can order a new belt off of online. have you contacted the manufacturer to see if they have a manual they could send to you?

Best Answer

You say that you do not have a manual but if you check on line with the name and model number of your 2 machines, you may be able to find a free manual or at least more direct information.

Sewing machines makes & models are different but if you check on your model number you will have a better chance of finding a solution.

before driving 50 miles away, i would try everhthing out there. This woman provides a good tutorial: http://itsjusts  -jammed-machine/

She discusses everything from ' You Have forgotten to drop your presser foot before sewing.' to giving advice on how to do-it-yourself even if you DO have a serious problem such as a belt.

I have another problem with another machine. The needle won't pick up the bobbin thread. I have rethreaded, checked the bobbin, changed needles and everything I could think of too many times. Need some help!

if you have done all the common sense ideas. of lint, correct needle etc... go to u tube and type in your problem and model no and see what they say ....

All the answers were appreciated. I will work on the machines again. If they don't work, I'll take them in when it gets warmer. Thanks again!