Sewing Machine Wheel Won't Move

If your sewing machine well is stuck and will not move, it may be time to take it in for repair. This is a page about sewing machine wheel won't move.

The wheel on my Kenmore will hardly move. Nor will the thread take-up lever. What is wrong? I've had no problems until now.

By Heidi from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers

Best Answer

Did you check the instruction booklet for the troubleshooting pages?

Did you thread the needle with the presser foot down?

Had you just wound a bobbin and forgot to reset to sewing mode?

When was the last time you had the machine serviced? Might be time for a servicing if the above questions don't help you sort the problem.

I have a Nova sewing machine, an old one. When I was using it suddenly the wheel which controls the motor suddenly got stuck up. What can I do? Please help me!

By Meenakshi from Chennai

Answers

Best Answer

The Necchi SuperNova was the premier sewing machine of its day. You have a 'frozen hand wheel' and there are several reasons for why it's frozen - could be anything from a broken belt or gear to something simple like accumulated thread and lint bits.

Best thing is to take it to a sewing machine repair tech. The following link is for the US site but you can scroll to the bottom of the page to find the 'contact us' link that you can use to ask the company who services their machines in your area. They may even be able to walk you through a few simple things to try before taking the machine to a repair tech, too - worth a try:)

necchi-usa.com/

Good luck, I hope you're back sewing soon. The machine you have is the machine I learned to sew on in 1962!

The hand wheel of my Singer 6020 does not turn. It seems it is completely locked. I have not used my machine for more than 10 yrs. I tried cleaning and oiling all parts. Still the problem exists. What to do?

Answers

I am not familiar with a 6020. Is it a 620? That one I am a little more familiar with. Just want to clarify.

That said, you can check YouTube and find lots of good cleaning and repairing videos on most Singer machines.

Sometimes when they sit that long any plastic or rubber parts fall apart and need replaced. If you have a local repair shop, see if they will give you a free estimate.

Sadly, the only one I know in my neck of the woods closed. Hopefully your town will still support such a repair shop.

Post back with an update!

It can also be in bobbin-winding mode. Turn the inner wheel one way and the outer wheel the opposite. That should unlock it.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesAugust 7, 2018
🎃
🎂
🌻