Sewing Machine Needle Won't Move Using Pedal

If your sewing machine's pedal has stopped working, you may need to replace it or have the pedal repaired. This is a guide about sewing machine needle won't move using pedal.

I have a Kenmore 8 sewing machine. The needle will move up and down with the handwheel on the right, but not with the pedal. When I press down the pedal the wheel moves, but the needle does not. I checked the bobbin threading position and also took apart the bobbin area and there was no tangled thread that I could see. The machine zooms like it's working, but the needle is still. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!

Answers

Best Answer

Hold the outer wheel with one hand and with the other try to turn the small inner wheel clockwise. If the inner wheel moves that will tighten the two to turn together. If the inner wheel is tight already then the problem is elsewhere.

Best Answer

If you are still having this problem this is what you should do. Remove the screw in the smaller knob on the right side of the machine. Unscrew the smaller knob, you will have to hold the larger wheel when doing this.

There is a washer between them. Pay attention to the way it is put on. Reverse the washer and put it back together. Your problem will be fixed.

I have a Janome DMX100 Petite sewing machine. I was using it with no problems, then it just stopped. The needle will still move if I use the wheel, but if I am trying to use the foot pedal it won't move and makes a noise.

Answers

Best Answer

I would take the bottom off the pedal and see if there is a loose or broken wire.