Sewing Machine Needle Won't Move Using Pedal

I have a Kenmore 8 sewing machine. The needle will move up and down with the handwheel on the right, but not with the pedal. When I press down the pedal the wheel moves, but the needle does not. I checked the bobbin threading position and also took apart the bobbin area and there was no tangled thread that I could see. The machine zooms like it's working, but the needle is still. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Best Answer

Hold the outer wheel with one hand and with the other try to turn the small inner wheel clockwise. If the inner wheel moves that will tighten the two to turn together. If the inner wheel is tight already then the problem is elsewhere.

I have a new singer "heavy duty" 4423
The hand wheel doesn't have an inner wheel. And my manual doesn't trouble shoot my problem. Any more suggestions?

Best Answer

If you are still having this problem this is what you should do. Remove the screw in the smaller knob on the right side of the machine. Unscrew the smaller knob, you will have to hold the larger wheel when doing this.

There is a washer between them. Pay attention to the way it is put on. Reverse the washer and put it back together. Your problem will be fixed.

This actually worked for me! Thank you so much for the info!! I had tired almost everything and was ready to give up

Check that the bobbin winder is off.

I did check that, it's in the right position

Make sure the wheel is reset if you had to wind a bobbin. I know on my machine you have to push it back in after winding the bobbin otherwise you will just spin and not go anywhere.

I did check, it's in the right position and I hadn't done any bobbins either, it worked for 5 of my eye pillows, then it just stopped.

Well, I just bought a Singer Promise on sale and I LOVE it!!! I would like to figure out how to fix the other one though for a back up but i Love this one more!

Anonymous

Have you oiled the machine lately? Mine is a Kenmore that I got in the early 1960's and it still works good. I oil it about once a year. I have the manual and it shows all the holes where you put a drop of oil.

I don't use it as much as I did. The only problem I have had with it was with the wiring connected to the petal and my son-in-law fixed that for me.

A belt might be broken. Take cover off machine and check that.

All belts new still needle isn't moving with the motor. It only moves by hand

The wheel will only bring the needle half way down to feed dogs on my singer superb machine.

I have a Kenmore 8 sewing machine. The needle will move up and down with the handwheel on the right, but not with the pedal. The machine zooms like it's working, but the needle is still. Any ideas?

Did you ever find the problem because mines does the same thing this is my 2nd sewing machine by singer stopping when it wants to stop.

Did you find out what was wrong? My sewing machine is doing this too