Neighborhood Cats Peeing on Door

There are 2 cats in particular. They urinate on my front and back doors. I have a big enclosure connected to my house as I am a responsible pet owner and don't wish to annoy neighbours.

I've read a few suggestions, one I was keen on was a cayenne pepper and water spray? I can't see a recipe. Any ideas would be great, also if anyone has tried lavender or other oils, I would love feedback.

As a householder who has watched neighbourhood cats roaming about, digging in others' (not owners') flower beds and killing birds, Harasarah, I am considerably less forgiving than you are. If you want the behaviour to change, call the local pound and report the problem. If the owners have to pay to get their cats out of "jail," the cats themselves will surely be kept closer to home. Might take a call or two to the authorities for it to sink in, but money talks, right?

Our council are hopeless, no way they'd attend. Only way would be if I trapped them. Not buying a trap

Many animal control shelters loan out traps, if they are part of a TNR Program. That's Trap, Neuter, and Return. If the cat "owner" of the trapped cat comes to the shelter to find their cat, they have to pay for services rendered in order to get their cat back, It's a great incentive to keeping irresponsible cat owners from letting their virile cats roam. By the time they pay for a license (if required in your area), neutering, and the shelter fees, they will realize there is some responsibility that comes with having a "pet."

"Only way would be if I trapped them. Not buying a trap" -- If you're not willing to solve the problem, why are you here? To beg for a free trap? Good luck with that.

Hey, sometimes the Humane Society has traps you can use ( you have to leave a deposit) at least they do where I live!

Cats' hate lemons. You can try spraying straight lemon juice on the mats and they should stay away. You have to do it every week to keep up the lemony smell. I hope that helps.

You can also partially bury lemon slices or peels if you have any loose soil next to your door or leave the peels around on rocks.

You can call animal control, but they will likely not bother to come out for stray cats. They are more concerned about dogs. You may be able to borrow "catch and release" cat traps if you believe the cats are strays, but you run the risk of getting a skunk instead.

No skunks in Australia. Lol

Going to try lemon, there's a tree out front so. Thx

Anonymous

Stop cats from using your yard as a litter box

How to stop stray cats from getting in my yard. They poop every where! I have fenced yard, both chainlink and 6' wooden. They come at night or early morning, so I cant catch them or know which ones are pooping. Help!

Mix red pepper mustard spread it around back door were they

stand and pee; keep it handy it works. they dont like licking it

off there paws, All the best.

The actual cat spray is made with fresh Jalapenos, not Cayenne. If you bought fresh Cayennes you might get great results. Here's why. The dry Red Cayenne Powder lacks the essential oils, which is the main deterrent in the spray. So cutting thin slices of whole Jalapenos or Cayennes, seeds and ribs included, allows for the Capsicum Oil to be released into the water. The oil is the deterrent, the water is just a way to turn the oils into a spray to cover the entire area. By the way, you might contact your local animal shelter and ask if they participate in a TNR Program, which is Trap, Neuter, and Return. Those cats peeing on your doors are spraying, to mark their turf and to introduce themselves to a female cat. If there is a TNR policy in your area, it also puts the costs into the hands of the cat owners - if they want to get their cat back. They'll pay the shelter's fees and it'll give them some incentive ti either keep their cats indoors, or to just not own a cat anymore, and in my opinion, anyone who allows a virile cat to wander freely outdoors has no business "owning" a cat.

Cats hates moth balls . it works great my cat will not come on porch

Anonymous

You definitely are right about the moth balls!! It really keeps the cats away!! I ought a couple of boxes from Walmart and sprinkled them all around my house, the cats didn't even touch our trash bags that we left outside our kitchen! It was a true test!! However, I didn't realize moth balls don't last very long, maybe a week, they melt or something. I thought I had hit the jackpot with this one, but buying balls every week can get costly, too costly. I need something that will work and last, please help me! Natty cats peeing outside our for and anything that is left outside. Horrible..

how to pervent cat coming throw my screen pool?

Do you mean pool as in collection of screens, or as in a pool that you've filled with screens? In either case, you needn't worry about cats throwing it. They haven't the size, strength, or opposable digits to throw either.

We spread ceyanne pepper in our flower beds last year (we have feral cats in our neighborhood). YES they stopped pooping in the flower beds...instead they pooped on our lawn!