Oil Stains on Clothing

I have several shirts that have stains from oil based salad dressings. They have already been washed and dried at least one time. Is there any way I can get these stains out? Please help! Thank you very much.

By Jazzer from IN

Answers:

Oil Stains on Clothing

Any waterless handcleaner will work for those type stains. Remember Goop handcleaner? Just spread a little over the stain and rub in. If these are old stains you will probably need to soak all day in warm sudsy "Goop water" also and just wash in a regular cycle. I used to take out tar stains from my kids white socks after they would oil the streets in our town. It always works. Takes a little practice, but you will get the knack of how well this works on oily stains. (11/12/2009)

By pmo3ws

Oil Stains on Clothing

As odd as it may sound, Murphy's Oil Soap. Just dab some full strength on the spot. Let it rest a moment and launder as usual. I always double check anything I know had a stain just in case before putting in the dryer so that I don't set the stain. (11/15/2009)

By jarcar

Oil Stains on Clothing

Try applying dish liquid to the spot. Rub it into the fabric and let it set for awhile. Throw the item into the washing machine with other clothing. Do not dry in the dryer. If you repeat this process several times you may see improvement. But imho, the dryer has "set" your stain and the items must be replaced. I wouldn't give up without trying several methods, however. (11/16/2009)

By Carol in PA

Oil Stains on Clothing
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄