Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor

Category Stains
Your garage floor will often have oil stains either from an oil leak on your car or perhaps from a spill from stored materials. This is a guide about removing oil stains from garage floor.

I recently bought a house and I am turning the garage into a workshop. There is a pretty thick oil and grease buildup where the cars were parked and apparently worked on. I have cleaned up much of the surface grease but I still have large stains and oil residue. Anyone dealt with this before? I want to get it as clean as possible. Any tips would be appreciated.

By Joe

Answers

By guest client (Guest Post)

I have heard from many sources that kitty litter put on the oil and grease stains will absorb most, if not all of the stains. It is also an environmentally friendly way of dealing with the problem.

By guest client (Guest Post)

Another thing you can do after you try the kitty litter is get the stains wet and then sprinkle some dishwashing detergent on the stains. Rub the detergent into the stain with cleaning brush. Then rinse it with some water. Repeat as necessary.

Another Joe

By guest client (Guest Post)

Also.. Interesting tip on another board says to spray the stains with WD40 before applying kitty litter.

I have read that Coke (the soft drink) is supposed to work. Pour the coke
on stain and let sit overnight. In the morning rinse with soapy water. Some may be surprised but Coca-cola can be used for alot of different remedies.

Do a "uses for Coca Cola" search and you'd be amazed.
Good luck, Jenny in WI.