Organizing Bills and Statements

Three Ring Binder

I got tired of digging through filing cabinets to find a statement or bill so I started punching holes in my bills and organizing them in a three ring binder. I organized them by date. (Bills too small to be punched were taped or stapled to a larger piece of paper.) I had separate sections for bills, taxes, insurances, credit cards, etc. I had a separate binder for medical papers and bills and one just for the house which contained my mortgage contract and statements. When I needed to find a statement, I just flipped through the appropriate binder and each year I start new binders.

By Sharon from Bonita Springs, FL

See Through Folders

I use the binders that have zippers all around and metal rings inside. I put those plastic see thru folders that snap shut, I punch holes thru them and place them in the binder, label them, that way you can just slip the bills in there and when it comes time to pay the bills you have everything including pens and whatever else you need all in one binder and zipped so you don't misplace the bills! Works great for me!

By Kay

Folders for Each Day of the Month

In the front of my file cabinet (main file cabinet) I keep folders marked 1-31, representing each day of the month. As bills arrive, I place them in the folder for the day I need to pay them. Really helps me to get my bills paid on time.

BrendaLea