Organizing Earrings

I have pierced earrings of various sizes and shapes. I keep my jewelry in a large jewelry armoire however, there's no good way to keep up with all of the sets of earrings. I've tried putting them in a small crystal heart with a lid, but they still get scattered within it. Does anyone have any ideas for keeping them organized in my armoire?

Tammy from SC

Answers:

Organizing Earrings

Would a length of grosgrain ribbon work? Cut it the length you need and hang it from a rod in your jewelry box and stick the pierced earring through and put in the post,it comes in different widths too. (12/20/2006)

By Jan

Organizing Earrings

This is what my mother did. I've only seen one of a kind. Because she remodeled her kitchen wall, which was a common wall with a bedroom closet, it closed the closet off. By leaving the closet door on the wall, when it opened, there was just a little space. Mom took a big frame, and stapled a piece of plastic square mesh, the kind you work with needle and yarn, on to the frame. Then she put used a couple of small hinges to put the frame on the inside of the door. Then with a small piece of Velcro, on the other side of the frame, to hold it to the door. All she had to do was to swing open the frame and put her earrings on or off. On the wall side, she made a pouch made out of material and hot glued it on the wall to put her broaches and pins in. She also took some small cup hooks and put them on the wall to hold her necklaces. She bragged about her Jewelry closet for many years and it was very pretty.

(12/20/2006)

By Kreatvmuzk1111

Organizing Earrings

I love earrings and own more than 50 pairs. My problem with commercially available earring holders was that they didn't really account for the fact that most of my earrings are *very* long and dangly. One earring would cover the holes needed for 5 others! I now use one of those black or silver mesh desk organizers that are available at any Staples. Hundreds of holes, easily customizable to your specific needs! I lived in a casual (dorm room) environment, so I hung mine on the wall, like a picture frame. It was very pretty. =) (12/20/2006)

By Mimi

Organizing Earrings

How about a ice cube tray, some now even come with covers (12/21/2006)

By patg

Organizing Earrings

I recently made chocolate covered pretzels and I saved the package the chocolate bark came in. It was individually packaged in a tray which is good for storing so many things. (12/21/2006)

By imaqt1962

RE: Organizing Earrings

Organizing Earrings

I bought round containers that fit together in a tube shape. I put one set of earrings in each one and screw it onto the next container. nice and neat. I bought them at the dollar store. Also good for storing safety pins, buttons etc.

(12/22/2006)

By Susan from Hamilton

Organizing Earrings

I, too, use clear plastic boxes for fishing lures, nuts and bolts, etc. Thing about using these clear plastic boxes, you see at a glance just what you're looking for. They come in all kinds of size and configurations. I use them earrings, rings, bracelets and some necklaces. I don't know what I'd do without them. They work perfect. I got mine at a bis sporting goods outlet and some at Walmart.
(01/22/2007)

By AMANDA

Organizing Earrings

I was needing a place to hang my earrings, and I never did like jewelry boxes. Anyways, I had bought a picture frame, took out the display picture and left just the glass and the backing on. Around the border put push pins all along the edge. Bought fishnet stockings and stretch it tight across the frame, hooking on to each push pin. I Cut the fishnets for the excess. And there you have a fashion inspired, hippy looking earring holder. (06/24/2007)

By shaw

Organizing Earrings

Best idea is to go to a fabric store. Get a piece you like (something thick). Then get some string and makes 5 or 6 rows of string across the fabric. Sew it on the fabric and sew little dividers in between so the pairs of earrings don't slide into each other. Now nail to the wall and enjoy the fabulous selection every morning! (10/18/2007)

By Navi

Organizing Earrings

I am having BAD earring problems, you know, organizing and things. I asked my mom what I should do, and after a while she remembered she and some little messed sided boxes, that have magnets on the bottom. She got them from the dollar store. They aren't the best for danglies but you can see inside them, and they have a clear plastic lid. Hope you can find a way to organize! Have fun! (11/10/2007)

By Abby

Organizing Earrings

I used a few thumb tacks and tacked an old Victorian doily on the bathroom wall, and hung my earrings on it. (05/24/2008)

By LINDA

Organizing Earrings

I use a wire CD rack that I hung inside my closet door for hook earrings. Works great! For post earrings, I purchased a plastic earring organizer that can fold up to put in a drawer or stand for display. The organizer has four panels that are hinged together and holds 100 pairs of stud earrings. I believe I purchased online at Carol Wright Gifts. (06/27/2008)

By Kelly

Organizing Earrings

"I used a few thumb tacks and tacked an old Victorian doily on the bathroom wall, and hung my earrings on it."

I tried this and it worked out well. I picked a large crochet doily and spray painted it lime green. (08/11/2008)

By Danica

Organizing Earrings

I know it's a little silly, but I have a plush dog that I keep my earrings on. It has long ears for the post type ones, and pairs are right next to each other. The ones that dangle fit on the dog's "collar". Kind of cute and it works very well! :) (11/24/2008)

By LuvMyFurKids

Organizing Earrings

If you have a Bed,Bath and Beyond store they have trays of different sizes that are kind of a maroon color and they stack on top of each other. There are different ones that have small slots for earrings and larger spaces for bracelets,etc. I can't remember the brand name but you can ask them. (12/09/2008)

By spotscrazy

Organizing Earrings

I use an ice cube tray (one that makes small ice cubes) to store my earrings. It works great, keeps each pair separate and it easy to grab and go.

(01/07/2009)

By Jane

Organizing Earrings

Take a wooden picture frame and staple screen door wire to the back. Hang the frame on a wall, and hang your pierced earrings on it. (06/06/2009)

By Mary C.

Many Pairs of Earrings Spread out
Organizing Earrings
Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
making earrings
Making Recycled Earrings
Diamond Earrings
Other Uses for Pierced Earrings
Making Beaded Earrings
Making Beaded Earrings
🎉
🎄