Making Felt Teardrop Earrings
These pretty earrings are easy to make and because they are so lightweight, are a pleasure to wear. You may not be able to find the exact same beads, but that doesn't matter. Design your own with whatever suitable materials you have available.
- 2 earring wires
- 4 jump rings
- 2 1.5 square inch pieces of felt
- 2 teardrop beads
- 1 large blunt needle, darning needle or other pointed tool
- optional jewellers pliers
- Trim off 2 opposite corners of the felt square.
- Use the needle to make holes near the top and bottom points of the felt shape.
- Open up the jump rings and insert them into the holes. You can use jewellery pliers for this if you wish, but I find that it is quite easy to bend them with your fingers.
- Thread a teardrop bead onto one of the jump rings and then close it up again. Plastic beads are better than glass or ceramic if you want your earrings to be lightweight.
- Thread an earring wire onto the other jump ring and close it up.
- Look stunningly beautiful.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.