Making Felt Teardrop Earrings
Use felt to make a cute, colorful, lightweight pair of earrings. This is a guide about making felt teardrop earrings
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These pretty earrings are easy to make and because they are so lightweight, are a pleasure to wear. You may not be able to find the exact same beads, but that doesn't matter. Design your own with whatever suitable materials you have available.
- 2 earring wires
- 4 jump rings
- 2 1.5 square inch pieces of felt
- 2 teardrop beads
- 1 large blunt needle, darning needle or other pointed tool
- optional jewellers pliers
- Trim off 2 opposite corners of the felt square.
- Use the needle to make holes near the top and bottom points of the felt shape.
- Open up the jump rings and insert them into the holes. You can use jewellery pliers for this if you wish, but I find that it is quite easy to bend them with your fingers.
- Thread a teardrop bead onto one of the jump rings and then close it up again. Plastic beads are better than glass or ceramic if you want your earrings to be lightweight.
- Thread an earring wire onto the other jump ring and close it up.
- Look stunningly beautiful.