Making Jump Ring Earrings
Try making your own unique dangle earrings using jump rings. This is a page about making jump ring earrings.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Do you need some quick and easy gifts for the girls in your family or the girls at the office? These earrings are fun to make, inexpensive, and are very elegant.
- 2 ear wires
- 34 jump rings in whatever size you like
- Start by putting one jump ring on the loop of the earring wire.
- Next make 'links' of 4, you should have 'chains' of 4 (16 total rings) and add these onto the first ring that you put on the earring wire. (See both photos.)
You can vary the links as you wish, to make the earrings longer or shorter, or different sizes, whichever you prefer. That's all there is to these cute earrings!
By CDC from FL
Approximate Time: 30-40 minutes per set
- 2 gold colored French earring wires
- 26 medium sized split jump rings
- chain nose pliers or needle nosed pliers
- I like split jump rings as they are more secure and also add more interest to your earrings. Start by placing one split jump ring on each of your earring wires.
- Next take 3 jump rings, all at once, and place them all on the jump ring you placed on the earring. (This saves time.)
- Now add 3 more jump rings, in a row, on each one of the other jump rings that you have placed on the wire. That is it! You're done!
Note: The very last picture shows how your earrings can be changed by just adding 6 "dangles" to the last jump rings at the very bottom. Your earrings can be lengthened, or shortened also, as you like.
By CDC from FL