Browsing: Organizing Your Linen Closet

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Organizing Your Linen Closet

Many of us struggle with developing an effective way to organize our linen closet. Do we keep the sheet sets together or sort sheets, pillowcases, etc. And then there are the towels and blankets. This is a guide about organizing a linen closet.

Woman holding linens in front of linen closet.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 10, 2010 Flag

This tip will save you looking for a matching bottom and top sheet with matching pillowcases. Put folded sheets and one of the pillowcases inside the other pillowcase.

August 3, 2011 Flag

I haven't stored my sheets in my linen closet for years! Every bed has 2 sets of sheets. I fold the sheets as most everyone else seems to do, and fold the pillowcase around it (or you can slip the sheets into the pillowcase). Then I put the extra set between the mattresses of the bed it is for. I either slip them in at the foot of the bed, or the side - whichever is more convenient.

When we had babies in cribs, I folded the crib sheets, put them in a plastic bag, and slipped it between the mattress and springs. This way the sheets are handy and easy to get to when I want to change them, and it frees a tremendous amount of space in my linen closet for other things. This was really helpful when there were 6 of us in the house!

By lyonpridej from Oklahoma

September 1, 2015 Flag

Does this tag tell the size of the bedding eg. full, queen, or king? How do you tell the size once the bedding is removed from its packaging?

tag on sheet
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Lindalou58, that tag definitely says nothing about the sheet size. It gives washing instruction symbols only. I Googled "sheet sizes in inches" and found some helpful websites. The most useful one was Wikipedia. The link is below; just scroll down to the "North American" chart.

Outside of that, you could try the sheets on the beds and see which ones they fit. When you find the match, then write "Twin", "Full", "Queen" or whatever on that tag with a bold Sharpie, or on a corner of the sheet as someone else suggested. The Wikipedia chart gives the range in inches, and you could measure the sheets with a tape measure.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedding

Good luck!

Read More Answers...

July 29, 2011 Flag

I fold the top and bottom sheets in rectangles. Then I wrap them with the folded pillow cases, and a scented dryer sheet between the sheets. I put the complete bundle into a transparent recycled bag. When it is time to change the bedding, your complete set for each size of bed is altogether and smelling fresh.

By Faye D. from The Pas, Manitoba, Canada

February 17, 2015 Flag

I try not to ever fold sheets by washing and drying them and then putting them right back on the bed. Note, that this caused a problem in my first marriage because my husband thought I never changed the sheets.

June 26, 2004 Flag

I need some help organizing my linen closet. it is JAM PACKED full of blankets (most of which we use because of frequent guest). It is very small and had about five shelves in it. Any suggestions?

Renee from AR

If you have a lot of extra closet space, you can hang the blankets on large hangers at the end of the closet. Another thing is to get some of those space saver bags and place them in there and make it smaller.

Read More Answers...

July 14, 2013 Flag

What's a clever and easy way to identify my full size from king size sheets? They are all white in color.

By Gina K

Once your sheet is folded you can mark it with colored chalk.

Read More Answers...

March 22, 2007 Flag

After washing and drying your sheets, fold them and the pillowcases neatly and put them in one of the pillowcases and store them in the linen closet.

July 27, 2011 Flag

I "try" to keep my linen closet organized using a few tricks. I don't fold my sheets and pillowcases together in sets because I intermingle the top/bottom sheets and pillow cases.

November 21, 2006 Flag

Keep Bedding Sets Together. When I fold the sheets from the dryer, I always fold the fitted sheet and then I fold the pillowcases together and put both inside the fold of the top sheet.

December 12, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about storing sheets inside pillowcases. Organize your linen closet by storing sheets inside the matching pillowcases.

Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases

July 28, 2011 Flag

When bed linens are washed and dried, they are folded as flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcases in layers together. They go in a drawer in whichever room those sheets are used.

July 28, 2011 Flag

I place all of sheets together in one of the pillowcases, so the set is together and easy to grab. I store the clean sheets in the closet of the room they are going to be used in.

July 27, 2011 Flag

I organize my sheet sets by folding the sheets and placing them in the matching pillowcase. I also organize my sheet sets by having a shelf for each size; such as the queen size on one shelf, and the twins on another, etc.

July 26, 2011 Flag

I make my linen area look really neat by taking sheet sets and pillowcases and tying them together with inexpensive colorful ribbon. I'm sure this would work with towel sets as well.

Load More
Organizing LinensJuly 14, 2011
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Organizing Linens
Organizing Linens
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 9, 2016 at 11:11:10 AM on 10.0.2.208 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.