Organizing Your Linen Closet

Many of us struggle with developing an effective way to organize our linen closet. Do we keep the sheet sets together or sort sheets, pillowcases, etc. And then there are the towels and blankets. This is a guide about organizing a linen closet.

March 10, 2010 Flag

This tip will save you looking for a matching bottom and top sheet with matching pillowcases. Put folded sheets and one of the pillowcases inside the other pillowcase.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 3, 2011 Flag

I haven't stored my sheets in my linen closet for years! Every bed has 2 sets of sheets. I fold the sheets as most everyone else seems to do, and fold the pillowcase around it (or you can slip the sheets into the pillowcase). Then I put the extra set between the mattresses of the bed it is for. I either slip them in at the foot of the bed, or the side - whichever is more convenient.

When we had babies in cribs, I folded the crib sheets, put them in a plastic bag, and slipped it between the mattress and springs. This way the sheets are handy and easy to get to when I want to change them, and it frees a tremendous amount of space in my linen closet for other things. This was really helpful when there were 6 of us in the house!

By lyonpridej from Oklahoma

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

July 29, 2011 Flag

I fold the top and bottom sheets in rectangles. Then I wrap them with the folded pillow cases, and a scented dryer sheet between the sheets. I put the complete bundle into a transparent recycled bag. When it is time to change the bedding, your complete set for each size of bed is altogether and smelling fresh.

By Faye D. from The Pas, Manitoba, Canada

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

February 17, 2015 Flag

I try not to ever fold sheets by washing and drying them and then putting them right back on the bed. Note, that this caused a problem in my first marriage because my idiot husband thought I NEVER changed the sheets.

That tip about placing one fitted sheet over the other sounds good to me; however, I'll save one folded up in the linen closet cause we drink in bed!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

March 22, 2007 Flag

After washing and drying your sheets, fold them and the pillowcases neatly and put them in one of the pillowcases and store them in the linen closet.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 27, 2011 Flag

I "try" to keep my linen closet organized using a few tricks. I don't fold my sheets and pillowcases together in sets because I intermingle the top/bottom sheets and pillow cases.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 21, 2006 Flag

Keep Bedding Sets Together. When I fold the sheets from the dryer, I always fold the fitted sheet and then I fold the pillowcases together and put both inside the fold of the top sheet.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 28, 2011 Flag

When bed linens are washed and dried, they are folded as flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcases in layers together. They go in a drawer in whichever room those sheets are used.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 28, 2011 Flag

I place all of sheets together in one of the pillowcases, so the set is together and easy to grab. I store the clean sheets in the closet of the room they are going to be used in.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 12, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about storing sheets inside pillowcases. Organize your linen closet by storing sheets inside the matching pillowcases.

Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 27, 2011 Flag

I organize my sheet sets by folding the sheets and placing them in the matching pillowcase. I also organize my sheet sets by having a shelf for each size; such as the queen size on one shelf, and the twins on another, etc.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 26, 2011 Flag

I make my linen area look really neat by taking sheet sets and pillowcases and tying them together with inexpensive colorful ribbon. I'm sure this would work with towel sets as well.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 22, 2006 Flag

To prevent creases when hanging linens from wire hangers, take a cardboard tube from a used up roll of paper towels and cut lengthwise. Then slip it over the wire hanger and apply tape where you cut the tube.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 13, 2012 Flag

This tip is helpful for folding your pillow cases. I always take both my pillow cases (seam sides together) and fold BOTH together as you would fold one pillow case.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 26, 2011 Flag

I like to keep sets together or sheets that I created sets out of by folding them, along with one pillowcase, and putting the entire set into the other pillowcase. This way, you have a neat sheet section in your closet or drawer, and they fit together better too.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 5, 2005 Flag

To keep table linens from creasing, install a rod just beneath a low shelf and hang the linens on hangers padded with paper towel tubes. Fold and store bed or bath linens by sets, not by size.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 27, 2004 Flag

Recently my son decided he wanted fresh new white sheets and he did need a new comforter. Our sheets are old or hand-me-downs, so I thought it would be nice to give him some new items.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 6, 2005 Flag

Simply fold towels together. While folding, fold one of the bath towels around the rest of the set, making it a size and shape that stacks nicely in your storage closet.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 1, 2015 Flag

Does this tag tell the size of the bedding eg. full, queen, or king? How do you tell the size once the bedding is removed from its packaging?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use a Sharpie Permanent Marker and write the size on the foot corner of mine. I also mark the left head corner and the right foot corner of the fitted sheet so there's no guessing at how it goes on the bed. All my fitted sheets are marked the same. The ink marking is tucked under the mattress so it does not show when bed is made up.

Litter Gitter,

I mark each sheet exactly the same!

I don't know why, but these days tags often do not have the dependable information we are used to! Perhaps it is easier and cheaper to sew the simple required tags on every sheet and then sort the batches and package by size.

I'm sure the reason has something to do with cost & profit!

June 26, 2004 Flag

I need some help organizing my linen closet. it is JAM PACKED full of blankets (most of which we use because of frequent guest). It is very small and had about five shelves in it. Any suggestions?

Renee from AR

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like to organize my linens by room (I.e. guest room, master, kids). I take the top sheet and pillow cases, and fold them inside the bottom sheet. The problem is all of the different sizes. I live in San Diego and I just saw an article in SD home about this great new product that looks like it should work great. The article is by Harriet Schechter who writes some really helpful hints. This article is not on-line but you can check out the product at www.kangaroomstorage.com

The article Jill was referring to is here:

http://writeint … /col_fall_06.htm

July 14, 2013 Flag

What's a clever and easy way to identify my full size from king size sheets? They are all white in color.

By Gina K

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Embroidery K in the corners of the King size sheets in Red thread. It doesn't have to be large and Red thread will stand out on white.

Fold one size inside out.

Organizing LinensJuly 14, 2011
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Organizing Linens
Organizing Linens
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:13:16 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.