Browsing: Organizing Your Linen Closet

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Organizing Your Linen Closet

Many of us struggle with developing an effective way to organize our linen closet. Do we keep the sheet sets together or sort sheets, pillowcases, etc. And then there are the towels and blankets. This is a guide about organizing a linen closet.

Woman holding linens in front of linen closet.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 10, 2010 Flag

This tip will save you looking for a matching bottom and top sheet with matching pillowcases. Put folded sheets and one of the pillowcases inside the other pillowcase.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 3, 2011 Flag

I haven't stored my sheets in my linen closet for years! Every bed has 2 sets of sheets. I fold the sheets as most everyone else seems to do, and fold the pillowcase around it (or you can slip the sheets into the pillowcase). Then I put the extra set between the mattresses of the bed it is for. I either slip them in at the foot of the bed, or the side - whichever is more convenient.

When we had babies in cribs, I folded the crib sheets, put them in a plastic bag, and slipped it between the mattress and springs. This way the sheets are handy and easy to get to when I want to change them, and it frees a tremendous amount of space in my linen closet for other things. This was really helpful when there were 6 of us in the house!

By lyonpridej from Oklahoma

September 1, 2015 Flag

Does this tag tell the size of the bedding eg. full, queen, or king? How do you tell the size once the bedding is removed from its packaging?

tag on sheet
    Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Lindalou58, that tag definitely says nothing about the sheet size. It gives washing instruction symbols only. I Googled "sheet sizes in inches" and found some helpful websites. The most useful one was Wikipedia. The link is below; just scroll down to the "North American" chart.

Outside of that, you could try the sheets on the beds and see which ones they fit. When you find the match, then write "Twin", "Full", "Queen" or whatever on that tag with a bold Sharpie, or on a corner of the sheet as someone else suggested. The Wikipedia chart gives the range in inches, and you could measure the sheets with a tape measure.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedding

Good luck!

Read More Answers...

February 17, 2015 Flag

I try not to ever fold sheets by washing and drying them and then putting them right back on the bed. Note, that this caused a problem in my first marriage because my idiot husband thought I NEVER changed the sheets.

That tip about placing one fitted sheet over the other sounds good to me; however, I'll save one folded up in the linen closet cause we drink in bed!

July 29, 2011 Flag

I fold the top and bottom sheets in rectangles. Then I wrap them with the folded pillow cases, and a scented dryer sheet between the sheets. I put the complete bundle into a transparent recycled bag. When it is time to change the bedding, your complete set for each size of bed is altogether and smelling fresh.

By Faye D. from The Pas, Manitoba, Canada

June 26, 2004 Flag

I need some help organizing my linen closet. it is JAM PACKED full of blankets (most of which we use because of frequent guest). It is very small and had about five shelves in it. Any suggestions?

Renee from AR

If you have a lot of extra closet space, you can hang the blankets on large hangers at the end of the closet. Another thing is to get some of those space saver bags and place them in there and make it smaller.

Read More Answers...

July 14, 2013 Flag

What's a clever and easy way to identify my full size from king size sheets? They are all white in color.

By Gina K

Once your sheet is folded you can mark it with colored chalk.

Read More Answers...

March 22, 2007 Flag

After washing and drying your sheets, fold them and the pillowcases neatly and put them in one of the pillowcases and store them in the linen closet.

July 27, 2011 Flag

I "try" to keep my linen closet organized using a few tricks. I don't fold my sheets and pillowcases together in sets because I intermingle the top/bottom sheets and pillow cases.

December 12, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about storing sheets inside pillowcases. Organize your linen closet by storing sheets inside the matching pillowcases.

Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases

November 21, 2006 Flag

Keep Bedding Sets Together. When I fold the sheets from the dryer, I always fold the fitted sheet and then I fold the pillowcases together and put both inside the fold of the top sheet.

July 28, 2011 Flag

When bed linens are washed and dried, they are folded as flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcases in layers together. They go in a drawer in whichever room those sheets are used.

July 28, 2011 Flag

I place all of sheets together in one of the pillowcases, so the set is together and easy to grab. I store the clean sheets in the closet of the room they are going to be used in.

July 27, 2011 Flag

I organize my sheet sets by folding the sheets and placing them in the matching pillowcase. I also organize my sheet sets by having a shelf for each size; such as the queen size on one shelf, and the twins on another, etc.

July 26, 2011 Flag

I make my linen area look really neat by taking sheet sets and pillowcases and tying them together with inexpensive colorful ribbon. I'm sure this would work with towel sets as well.

March 22, 2006 Flag

To prevent creases when hanging linens from wire hangers, take a cardboard tube from a used up roll of paper towels and cut lengthwise. Then slip it over the wire hanger and apply tape where you cut the tube.

January 13, 2012 Flag

This tip is helpful for folding your pillow cases. I always take both my pillow cases (seam sides together) and fold BOTH together as you would fold one pillow case.

July 26, 2011 Flag

I like to keep sets together or sheets that I created sets out of by folding them, along with one pillowcase, and putting the entire set into the other pillowcase. This way, you have a neat sheet section in your closet or drawer, and they fit together better too.

January 5, 2005 Flag

To keep table linens from creasing, install a rod just beneath a low shelf and hang the linens on hangers padded with paper towel tubes. Fold and store bed or bath linens by sets, not by size.

December 27, 2004 Flag

Recently my son decided he wanted fresh new white sheets and he did need a new comforter. Our sheets are old or hand-me-downs, so I thought it would be nice to give him some new items.

January 6, 2005 Flag

Simply fold towels together. While folding, fold one of the bath towels around the rest of the set, making it a size and shape that stacks nicely in your storage closet.

Organizing LinensJuly 14, 2011
      Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
      Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
      Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
      Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
      Organizing Linens
      Organizing Linens
      Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
      Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 24, 2016 at 2:06:14 PM on 10.0.2.163 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.