Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Cherry Colored Cabinets
Cherry Colored Cabinets
I need help choosing a color for my kitchen. I have cherry colored cabinets. Any suggestions?

Liz from Boston, MA

Answers:

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I would go with a very light sage green. (06/29/2007)

By Jennifer

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Pull a colour from the flower picture you have on the wall. If you like dramatic, pick the flower colour. For a softer colour, pick a green. For a neutral look, pick the background colour. Oh, and think about just painting the kitchen wall and leaving the wall behind the picture the way it is, especially if you pick a darker colour (keep the kitchen wall as an accent). The picture will provide enough colour and save you some extra work. (06/29/2007)

By Trix

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I think a very light green or even a very light butter yellow would look gorgeous. (06/29/2007)

By Cindy S.

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I have the same colored cabinets and I used a soft brown. (It's the color of rich coffee with cream in it).
It is so soothing and warm. It will go nicely with the picture on your wall as well. I did mine eight years ago and I still love it. (06/29/2007)

By Annie

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I love your kitchen, I think it would look really nice with a light sand/earth tone color which would compliment your beautiful cabinets and table very nicely. You can change the color of your kitchen with whatever color curtains you put up or a very pale yellow color, which would limit you as to what color curtains you can use.

If you use the sage like the others are talking about it would make your kitchen way too dark, because of the color of your cabinets. Unless you want to darken it up, if so trust me you won't like it, it's too depressing dark. I would do the light sand/earth tone color myself it will look really rich with those cabinets. Get some paint chips and see what you would like. (06/29/2007)

By candleglows

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Lemon would be nice it would bring out the color of the wood. (06/30/2007)

By moonshadow

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I'd say yellow and green (sunflowers). (06/30/2007)

By Maryeileen

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Oh, I forgot, decide if you want a warm color (which advances or makes the room seem cozier) or a cool color (which recedes, and makes the room feel larger). If you don't know if the color is warm or cool, ask the paint salespeople. Sometimes the code of the color states if it is cool or warm. And there are colors which can work both ways.

(07/03/2007)

By Barbara

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I love painting my rooms two colors. It's really 'in" and paint is not expensive, My kitchen is a lite cocoa brown on two walls and sage green on the other two walls. What is so cool, the next time you want to make a change, you may only want to paint two of the walls. (07/03/2007)

By Sharon

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I also have dark cherry wood cabinets, and I went with a "warm" yellow. It is beautiful. I would also suggest a dark red/burgundy color. Buy a quart of paint and put on wall, wait a few days so you can see it in various lighting. Have fun and remember it is only paint. (06/20/2008)

By Mary Anne

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎉
🎄