Painting Laminate Countertops

I would like information on painting laminate countertops.

By 3CBOYS from TX

Answers:

Painting Laminate Countertops

I am using the Giani products and have mostly enjoyed the process. However, both rollers that came with the kits didn't roll and messed up my results a bit. I just wanted to post that if this happens to you, carefully add some Vaseline to the metal piece of the roller (don't get any on the pad!) and move the roller out a smidgen. The company was very nice about helping me out, but unfortunately, I lost confidence in their directions and did my own thing to remedy what I'd done and ended up with roller/dull marks.

It's still a huge improvement over what was, and I am disappointed. The company is sending me more product so that I can redo things, but they advise against doing more than three coats for the last step, and I'm already there. I plan to use their products in my bathroom, but will make sure the roller rolls before applying the clear coat.

Also, know that when you move the pad out, the roller no longer fits in an 8" pan; get a larger one and extra pads. I'm not sure how the Vaseline will affect the product for the second coat after submersing it in water to wash it.

They said they are going with a different roller manufacturer. (03/10/2011)

By chelsea531

painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Laminate Furniture
Painting Laminate Furniture
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Laminate Flooring
Using Laminate Flooring for Countertops
🎉
🎄