Peanut Butter Dog Cookies as Gifts

I wanted to make some tasty and fun dog treats for my daughter's dog and to sell at our upcoming cookie sale at our library; so I created these! They are fun and easy to make and I really like the added colors for the Christmas holiday.
The surprise that I received at the end of the process was when my cat snuck and ate one as well!

Total Time: 2 hours plus drying time

Yield: 3 dozen

1. Preheat over to 400 F. Meanwhile, in one bowl blend together water, oil, peanut butter, and eggs.
  2. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, and oatmeal.
  3. Mix together and form a ball. Use your hands if necessary.
  4. Ad
  5. Roll onto mat from 1/4" to 1/2" thick.
  6. Use a cookie cutter or small glass to cut out shapes.
  7. Related Content(article continues below)
  8. Hint: You may punch holes into the dough with a sippy straw so you can thread ribbons through them after they are baked! Make the holes big enough to thread. I also played with a chop stick, making a 'doggie paw print' for a little medallion to hang on some bags.
  9. Place on lightly oiled pan.
  10. Optional: Mix a few drops of food coloring into some egg yolk and paint onto some of the cookies. I thought the red made a cute candy cane look!
  11. Bake for 20 minutes, making sure they don't burn! Thinner ones get dark quicker than thicker cookies, so try to stay consistent!
  12. Once out of the oven and cool you can thread them together with ribbon or place them into bags and seal up with a cute saying printed for gifts for friends or to sell at cookie sales! They could also be hung individually from a tree if you can trust your pets!
  13. The surprise for me was at the end when my kitty snitched one of the bones and ate it! She doesn't even eat cat treats!

I have been told recently that peanut butter now has zylitol in its ingredients, and this is poisonous to dogs. Please check the ingredients before you use peanut butter in dog food.

That is very interesting. I bought peanut butter last night at Costco, both their Kirkland brand and some Adams natural. Neither have any xylitol, thank goodness, so they should be safe. But the regular store brand might be a different story. Thanks for the warning.

Only sugar free has zylitol, most peanut butter is safe. Just check the label before purchase.

How much oil goes into the recipe? Thanks, great idea

The oil was to rub on the pans...although I wonder if it really needed it. I just put a light swipe on them using my margarines paper wrapper...

Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesDecember 5, 2016
peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter
Peanut Whirl Cookies
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 7:01:18 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.