Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I got pen ink on my suede couch, I am afraid to use hairspray on suede.

sara210

Answers:

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

We have one of those suede-looking couches and I have used Windex for ink marks. They actually demonstrated this in the showroom. It works like a charm! (02/10/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

I tried the Windex solution on my suede couch and it worked like a charm. Left no kind of marks or stains at all. (03/05/2005)

By Steph

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

I have one that is called Enduro Suede? Mine came with a citrus based oil, and I cleaned it with the "heavy duty solution" then covered the spot with Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Neutralizer powder, or baking soda or borax will help. If you don't have a cleaner, try Folex. It is a natural enzyme cleaner found in the carpet cleaner aisle and is a little more, but worth it as it also neutralizes the smell. (05/11/2006)

By camo_angels

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Thanks for the Windex tip! I now praise Windex. You saved my couch. It worked like a charm :) (10/21/2007)

By ash

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Most of these will be microfiber which are leather imitation. If you had genuine suede Windex would have really caused a problem. Ink on suede cannot be removed by conventional cleaners as it has redyed the leather.
(11/20/2007)

By Leather Agony Aunt

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

The Windex works. But using a sponge and elbow grease is too much work. Being a man I just used my small electric hand sander w/fine grit paper and saved a lot of time and energy. (03/03/2008)

By tanner

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Windex definitely did the trick! My daughter drew all over my beautiful suede recliner with a blue ball point pen, while googling for a solution I came across this website with all these helpful tips, my first try was the Windex and voila! It worked like a charm. Thanks to all. (03/11/2008)

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Regular glass cleaner from Wal-mart worked on getting pen off the arm rest that our 5 yr old accidentally drew on. I am so thankful to whomever came up with this idea! (03/29/2008)

By Tina from Ft Worth

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

My two year old penned up a brown suede couch. Brand new couch by the way. I didn't have any hairspray of any kind. I mixed one part mousse, or gel, to one part alcohol. You have to shake it up well. Sprayed it on the couch, and blotted, then rubbed. Spraying enough to keep it saturated in the process. Open up your windows and turn on your fan because it stinks. For some extra bang I put a teaspoon of tea tree oil in the mix also. You can use one part tea tree oil to one part alcohol for any stain removal usually.

I did not have any Windex to try either, but I'm sure it would work with all of the ammonia in it. (04/21/2008)

By Morgan

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

I used Mean Green window cleaner. It really does work! One of my daycare kids drew all over the arm of my light suede couch and I used Mean Green to get it out. It takes literally 20 seconds, and it's gone! Try it! (09/09/2008)

By joanne.

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I have to admit that I was pretty freaked out at the idea of putting Windex on my brand-new couch, but it worked! Thank you so much for sharing this tip! (02/15/2009)

By Chrissy M.

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I have Ashley furniture that is the "ultra" suede. Not actual leather suede. My 20 month old daughter completely covered the pillow top arm in black ink. Thought to try hairspray first, glad I didn't! Windex worked with elbow grease. Now I am going to shampoo it, also. Thanks for your help! (02/21/2009)

By Suniedae

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

Amazing! Thank you so much. I thought it was too good to be true but after our one year old drew all over the couch I was ready to try anything. Windex removed every single mark. (09/05/2009)

By HSlater351

I took your advice and used Windex. And it worked!!! I'm so relieved - I thought my beautiful red loveseat was ruined! Smiles all around!

Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄