Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos

These popular guard dogs are a sturdy, medium sized pet and great companions for many people. This guide contains pit bull breed information and photos.

Pit Bull
Filter Sort

Tyson (Pitbull)

By Tirzah 2

Tyson is a 1 year old Pitbull. We got him when he was a puppy, around Aug of 08. He likes to chew up things, run and play, play, play!

I didn't want anything to do with pits before Tyson. But he's a GREAT dog. Really changed my mind about pits. He looks mean, but he is the most loving, gentle dog. I love him!

By Tirzah from San Diego,CA

Tyson (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Belle (Pitbull)

Belle is a 2 1/2 year old Blue Brindle Pitbull. Someone my husband knew, left her locked in a cage all day and he didn't have time for her so we took her when she was 5 months old.

Belle loves to go on trips with us, whether it is to the park or on a road trip. She love going bye bye! Our dog is very smart. She listens very well and plays great with our kids. She is also very protective of our whole family. We love her and I am so glad she came into our life.

By jcollins6404 from Indianapolis, IN

Belle (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Belle Button (Pit Bull)

Belle Button is a 4 year old Pit Bull. I got Belle as a rescue at 4 weeks old from a raid at a house that bred dogs for fighting.

She likes to play with tennis balls, stuffed toys, squeakers, and go swimming. She is the smartest dog I have ever owned. She learns really fast and is very obedient.

By Elizabeth from Collinsville, IL

Belle Button (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Gypsy (Pitbull Terrier)

By Ginny 4 2

Gypsy is 1.5 years old. She is an American Pitbull Terrier. I got her at 7 months old, from a breeder, she wasn't doing well in kennel life, and the breeder wanted her to have a home where she could be with a family as a pet.

She likes to cuddle, play dress up with my daughters, bark at everything, and go on long walks with "Dad." She is the best pitty girl ever, with the sweetest personality.

By dare2bme71 from Lynchburg, VA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Dirty (Pitbull)

By Susan from Morristown, TN 3 8

Dirty is 6 years old and is a pitbull. We bought him 2 months ago.

He likes to play tug of war with my two sons.

He is the sweetest dog, my sister-in-law is scared of dogs and she came to our house one night while we were watching movies. Dirty snuck up to her and just lays his head in her lap and looked up at her as if he was saying "I won't hurt you". She is no longer scared of him.

By Susan from Morristown, TN

Dirty (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Otis (Pit Bull)

By Laura Pierce 1

Otis is a 12 week old pit bull. I bought Otis on Dec. 4, 2008, from a couple I work with. I was a supportive friend from conception to birth. Naturally, I wanted one of the puppies. My baby boy looks just like his father, Otis Sr. He loves to play, snuggle and give kisses.

By Laura from Egypt, AR

Otis (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Gracie's Roadtrip (Pitbull)

By Robin 5,893 29

Gracie is a 1 year old Pitbull. She was gotten from the local animal shelter. She loves to run and play and tear up her stuffed animals and other toys!

In this particular picture, Gracie was on the way home from her first long road trip. She was a little tired, can you tell?

By Robin from Washington, IA

Editor's Note: Here is a previous picture of Gracie

Gracie's Roadtrip (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Genger Hall (Pitbull)

My baby girl's name is Genger. She is three months old and is a pitbull. My brother raises pitbulls and my son wanted one so my brother brought her and a couple of others over. She chose us and we chose her. She was 6 weeks old. Miss Genger loves to go outside and go to shopping.

By Trinity Hall

Genger Hall (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Bulldozer (Blue Pitbull)

Bulldozer is 8 weeks blue pitbull. I got him from a friend that breeds.

He likes to play with the kids and is very, very loving.

By Darcee from Beaverton Oregon

Bulldozer (Blue Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Hutch (Pit Bull)

By Debbie W. 1

Hutch lying upside down, closeup of face.

Your Pet's Age
4 years

Your Pet's Breed
Pit Bull

How and when did you get your pet?
We got Hutch at a no kill shelter, his mom had her pups there. We picked him because he was very inquisitive, and just a happy little guy. He was 10 weeks or so when he came home with us. We called him Hutch because we came home on the Hutchinson Parkway and it just seemed to fit him.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
What doesn't he like to do? He will pick up anything near him and want to play with it, be it a bone, a sock, or a piece of paper. He loves and plays with Coco our 8 year old Pit. He loves running crazy on our 4 acres and lying in the brook on a hot sunny day.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
He talks to us all the time, and he is just a very happy dog. He loves everyone and other animals, too.

Hutch in the stream.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: What Breed Is My Dog?

By Aalyah M. E. 2

I am trying to figure out what kind of Pit Bull my dog is. I found her on Craigslist and they didn't know what she was. Can someone help?

What Breed Is My Dog?
    What Breed Is My Dog?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Monster (Pit Bull)

By erin lopez 2

I got my baby in October 2010. Monster is now 5 months old. My boyfriend's friend's Pit Bull had 10 puppies, and we took him off her hands. It was the best decision of my life.

Monster (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Jemma Bleue (Pit Bull)

By Michelle 7 15

Jemma Bleue is a 5 month old pit bull. She's the typical puppy. She likes to bring sticks in the house and then chew them up, drag around things she shouldn't have, finds things I never knew we had, terrorize the cats and harass the older dogs!

Jemma Bleue the Bulldog Sitting in Grass

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Diesel (Bluenose Pit Bull)

By KATE 2 3

Diesel is nine weeks old. He is a bluenose pit bull. We got him on Feb 12, 2011 from a breeder in Rochester, NH. We got to see both of his parents on site. He is a loving, fun, sometimes crazy, little guy.

Diesel (Bluenose Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Gidget (Pit Bull)

By lalala... 731 97

We adopted Gidget in February. She is a 2 year old Pit Bull. I was searching the internet to help my mom find a new kitty friend. I came across Gidget's profile on a a rescue's website and fell in love.

Up close photo Gidget.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Rose (Pitbull)

By Naomi03 1

Bought her from a lady who didn't want her because she was a pit bull, about 1 months ago.

A pitbull puppy with leaves on the ground

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Roxy (Pitbull)

By tami 4 1

Roxy is a 3 year old Pitbull (more well behaved then any other dog I ever had). We got him in September 2007 from my husbands nephew who couldn't take care of her anymore.

Roxy (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Bobby (Pitbull)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132

Bobby is a 12 year old Pitbull. I have to confess that while Bobby is always in my thoughts, she never was my dog.

Bobby (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Dexter (Pitbull)

By mia 5 24

Dexter is a 1 year old Pitbull. We got Dexter when he was 6 weeks old, after I lost my black lab Candy. My husband got Dexter to help me with the pain of losing my Candy.

Dexter the dog running at the park.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Ronnie (Pit Bull Terrier)

By Nena224 2 3

Ronnie is a one month old Pit Bull Terrier. I got him from a breeder. He chew on things and pees a lot - lol! He is the one with the white speck on his nose.

Woman holding three puppies.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Domino (Pit Bull)

Domino is a 1 year old chocolate red nose pit bull. I have had him since he was 2 months old, from a friend. He loves to run, swim, and play tug of war. He is not just a pet, he is a beloved member of the family.

Domino (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Malcolm (Pit Bull)

By jennifer 2

This is Malcolm. We think he is 5 years old and a Pit Bull/Black Lab and Catahoula Leopard dog mix. In Nov 2005, I had to put my dog Springs down after a great 16 years with him.

Malcolm (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Sheba (Pitbull)

By shareka 2

Sheba is 3 years old. She is a full Pitbull. We got her when she was 6 months old. She likes to run, run, run and to play in water. We love her very much, she's a friendly dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cajun (Pit Bull)

By Sharon 15 4

I got him 2 weeks ago from a friend. He likes to run like crazy in the back yard and play with water bottles tied up in an old sock.

close up of gray Pit

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Nala (Pit Bull)

By Virginia G Hale 1 1

Nala is a six year old Pit Bull. She got tangled out in the bushes in our front yard. We called the vet number on her collar and left our phone number, so that the owner could call us to come and get her, but they did not want her back.

Nala (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Loki (Pit Bull)

By Dickson 2

I got him 4 days ago. He likes to play with a rope toy.

gray and white Pit puppy

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Sugar (Pitbull)

By Carebare 2 12

Why no one came looking for her, I'll never understand.. She sat on Death Row awaiting the Rainbow Bridge; scared, misunderstood, alone, and heart broken. She was saved by a rescue group, I was only her ride to her new foster home.

Three dogs and a boy, including Sugar (Pitbull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Damu (Pit Bull)

By pk 2

Damu is a year old red nose pit bull. My fiance bought her for me for our first Valentine's day! She loves to play in the snow, and play tug of war. She is a great dog, and a big baby.

Damu (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Walter Leonidas Raphael (Pit Bull Terrier)

Walter Leonidas Raphael is a 1 year old Pit bull Terrier. We adopted him from a pet rescuer for Christmas. He loves to chase squirrels. Walter is good with children and very protective. He loves to sun bathe in the backyard.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Dizzy (Blue Pit Bull)

Dizzy is a 4 month old Blue Pit Bull. I got Dizzy from a certified breeder. Dizzy likes to chew on my toes.

Dizzy (Blue Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Spud (Pit Bull)

By Spuds mom 1

Someone during the middle of winter threw him in a ditch to die. We found him and gave him a forever home!

brindle and white Pit

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Mallory (Pit Bull)

By kerissia 1

This is my dog Mallory. She is a 2 years old Pit Bull. My fiance got her for me, and she's practically one of my children.

Mallory (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Bella (Red Nose Pit Bull)

Bella is a 6 month old Red Nose Pit Bull. I rescued her from a backyard breeder back in August 2009. She likes to play with me and her toys, she loves to play with other dogs as well. Bella loves kids. She is very friendly and is taking to training very well.

Bella (Red Nose Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Molly (Brown Nose Pit)

By Nicole G. 4

I got her from an ad on craigslist. She causes trouble and she is a connect licker, but I love her.

brown Pit with white on head and feet

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Splotchy (Pitbull)

By twig 6 3

We brought Splotchy home from her 2nd rescue about a year ago.

Pit in field of yellow flowers

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Rico (Red Nose Pit Bull)

Rico is a 13 month old Red Nose Pit Bull. I rescued him from a backyard breeder a little over a year ago. He likes to play fetch and wrestle. He is a very loving dog and very loyal and obedient.

Rico (Red Nose Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Marley and Damian (Pitbull Terriers)

By Kittie 2

Marley and Damian. (Damian Marley, Bob Marley's Son.) They are Sisters both one year old Purebred Pit Bull Terriers. I got them when they were 3 months old, I saw an ad on CL for pit bull puppies, and decided they'd be a perfect match for me and my other dogs.

Marley and Damian (Pitbull Terriers)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pitbull Odors

I have a 5 month old Pit Bull and her feet smell like corn chips. I tried putting powder on them, but that didn't work. She also has a fishy smell, the fish smell comes and goes before she has to go to the bathroom and after.

Katrina from Albany, NY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

OMG! It is so weird that I read this just 2 days ago. My boyfriend and I noticed our 6 month old pit bull puppy's feet smelled like fritos!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Leo and Lola (Pit Bull)

By Rosa MA 1

Lola (brown) and Leo (black) eventually make their way to my bed just about every night. They snuggle up against my back and Leo rests his head on my neck, and Lola on my hip.

Leo and Lola (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chato (Pit Bull)

By Amber Wilson M. 1

My husband brought him home as my Christmas gift. He has a wonderful temperament and is an all around wonderful dog!

Chato (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Splotchy (Pit Bull)

By twig 6 3

We adopted Splotchy about 6 month ago. She was in her second shelter.

Splotchy (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Bella (Pit Bull)

By Tracey M Moreno 1

My daughter found Bella abandoned, left in a small crate, in front of a CVS store close to where we live. Bella was only 4 weeks old, too little to be away from her mommy. She was shivering and very scared.

Pit puppy

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Caring for a Pit Bull

By shico 1

I just got a 1 and a half year old red nose Pit Bull. What should I feed him? How many times?

By shico

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By yessy 5 23 Flag

When I first got my 2 pits as puppies would fed them a cup of dry food for breakfast and lunch and 1 cup of dry mixed with a can of dog food for dinner. I found that their stool quality was way to mushy, so after a few month and now (a year later) I give them about a cup of dry in the morning and 2 cups in the evening. Try not too fed them too late, like humans they need enough time to digest. Once a week I will give them a can of wet food and if we have an extra piece of chicken her and there, I might give it to them. I use Nutra brand I get it from Petsmart about $40 for a big bag.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pit Bull Size Information

By Jamal W. 1

Her name is Coco nd she is 7 months old. I want to know if she is at her right size. If she is not then could y'all help me out by telling me what to feed her. Oh one more thing what is her blood line? Thank you so much to whomever answers.

Pit Bull Size Information
      Pit Bull Size Information

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. 15 1,032 Flag

Here is how to tell if your dog is at the right weight:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conte ... ow-to-evaluate-your-dogs-weight.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Deabla (Pit Bull)

By kory 1

Deabla is a 5 1/2 year old full pit bull, that we got 4 1/2 years ago. She likes to play tug a war, she likes to play in the water and play with our other 3 pit bulls. She loves kids and is a good and loving dog.

Deabla (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Missy (Pit Bull)

By Nicole G. 4

I got her 4 months ago through craigslist. She likes to chew.

Missy in the yard

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Little Ben (Pit Bull Terrier)

By amarch45 3 3

We got Ben 2 weeks ago. He was so sad to leave his mom, brothers, and sisters, but he's settling in well!

Closeup.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Rein (Pitbull Terrier)

By amarch45 3 3

Rein is adopted from the Humane Society.

Rein (Pitbull Terrier)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Bodi (Pitbull)

By Connor C. 1

Bodi (Pitbull)He weighs about 65-70 lbs, depending on how much I feed him. I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on him or his breed? Would you say my male dog is a pure breed American Pitbull terrier?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny 9 1,251 Flag

Bodi does look purebred to me. And very handsome. My only concerns about a staffordshire terrier would be to have a good look at his breeding. A popular breed is sometimes not carefully bred for personality traits. In fact some are carefully bred for problematic personality traits. If you do not know his breeding you need to watch for aggressive behavior with other dogs or children. They can be the best dogs ever, but because of careless breeding you need to be careful.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Pit BullJune 19, 2013
      ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
      Pit Bull Mix
      Pit Bull Mix Photos
      Pit Bull Puppy
      Training a Pit Bull Puppy
      Pit Bull
      Is My Pit Bull Full Blooded?
      growing a cherry tree from a pit.
      Starting a Cherry Tree from a Pit
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:46:33 AM on 10.0.0.125 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsPhotos
      NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
      Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
      BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
      CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings