Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos

These popular guard dogs are a sturdy, medium sized pet and great companions for many people. This guide contains pit bull breed information and photos.

Pit Bull
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

close up of gray Pit

Your Pet's Age
8 Weeks

Your Pet's Breed
Pit Bull

How and when did you get your pet?
I got him 2 weeks ago from a friend.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Run like crazy in the back yard and play with water bottles tied up in an old sock.

Cajun (Pit Bull)

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A pitbull puppy with leaves on the ground

Your Pet's Age
3 months

Your Pet's Breed
Pitbull

How and when did you get your pet?
Bought her from a lady who didn't want her because she was a pit bull, about 1 months ago.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Jump around and play with her favorite plush pink skweeky toy and play with our orange tabby cat.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She is super sweet and very intelligent. I don't see why no one would want her.

Tyson is a 1 year old Pitbull. We got him when he was a puppy, around Aug of 08. He likes to chew up things, run and play, play, play!

I didn't want anything to do with pits before Tyson. But he's a GREAT dog. Really changed my mind about pits. He looks mean, but he is the most loving, gentle dog. I love him!

By Tirzah from San Diego,CA

Tyson (Pitbull)

Belle is a 2 1/2 year old Blue Brindle Pitbull. Someone my husband knew, left her locked in a cage all day and he didn't have time for her so we took her when she was 5 months old.

Belle loves to go on trips with us, whether it is to the park or on a road trip. She love going bye bye! Our dog is very smart. She listens very well and plays great with our kids. She is also very protective of our whole family. We love her and I am so glad she came into our life.

By jcollins6404 from Indianapolis, IN

Belle (Pitbull)

I got my baby in October 2010. Monster is now 5 months old. My boyfriend's friend's Pit Bull had 10 puppies, and we took him off her hands. It was the best decision of my life.

Monster (Pit Bull)

Jade was a rescue 7 1/2 years ago, Gus is a granddog who came to live with us for a temp visit and never went home 3 1/2 years ago, Tonka was an adopted dog from birth 13 years ago (Tonka passed away last year 2015 and "Oh how we miss her").

dogs sleeping together

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We adopted Gidget in February. She is a 2 year old Pit Bull. I was searching the internet to help my mom find a new kitty friend. I came across Gidget's profile on a a rescue's website and fell in love.

Up close photo Gidget.

Lola (brown) and Leo (black) eventually make their way to my bed just about every night. They snuggle up against my back and Leo rests his head on my neck, and Lola on my hip.

Leo and Lola (Pit Bull)

Diesel is nine weeks old. He is a bluenose pit bull. We got him on Feb 12, 2011 from a breeder in Rochester, NH. We got to see both of his parents on site. He is a loving, fun, sometimes crazy, little guy.

Diesel (Bluenose Pit Bull)

Jemma Bleue is a 5 month old pit bull. She's the typical puppy. She likes to bring sticks in the house and then chew them up, drag around things she shouldn't have, finds things I never knew we had, terrorize the cats and harass the older dogs!

Jemma Bleue the Bulldog Sitting in Grass

Someone during the middle of winter threw him in a ditch to die. We found him and gave him a forever home!

brindle and white Pit

Bobby is a 12 year old Pitbull. I have to confess that while Bobby is always in my thoughts, she never was my dog.

Bobby (Pitbull)

Belle Button is a 4 year old Pit Bull. I got Belle as a rescue at 4 weeks old from a raid at a house that bred dogs for fighting. She likes to play with tennis balls, stuffed toys, squeakers, and go swimming.

Belle Button (Pit Bull)

Gypsy is 1.5 years old. She is an American Pitbull Terrier. I got her at 7 months old, from a breeder, she wasn't doing well in kennel life, and the breeder wanted her to have a home where she could be with a family as a pet.

I got my puppy on Craigslist in December for Christmas.

black and white Pit puppy in the snow

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I got him 4 days ago. He likes to play with a rope toy.

gray and white Pit puppy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Why no one came looking for her, I'll never understand.. She sat on Death Row awaiting the Rainbow Bridge; scared, misunderstood, alone, and heart broken. She was saved by a rescue group, I was only her ride to her new foster home.

Three dogs and a boy, including Sugar (Pitbull)

Sheba is 3 years old. She is a full Pitbull. We got her when she was 6 months old. She likes to run, run, run and to play in water. We love her very much, she's a friendly dog.

Domino is a 1 year old chocolate red nose pit bull. I have had him since he was 2 months old, from a friend. He loves to run, swim, and play tug of war. He is not just a pet, he is a beloved member of the family.

Domino (Pit Bull)

Her name is Coco nd she is 7 months old. I want to know if she is at her right size. If she is not then could y'all help me out by telling me what to feed her. Oh one more thing what is her blood line? Thank you so much to whomever answers.

Pit Bull Size Information
    Pit Bull Size Information
    AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is how to tell if your dog is at the right weight:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conte ... ow-to-evaluate-your-dogs-weight.html

Read More Answers...

Dexter is a 1 year old Pitbull. We got Dexter when he was 6 weeks old, after I lost my black lab Candy. My husband got Dexter to help me with the pain of losing my Candy.

Dexter the dog running at the park.

Ronnie is a one month old Pit Bull Terrier. I got him from a breeder. He chew on things and pees a lot - lol! He is the one with the white speck on his nose.

Woman holding three puppies.

My husband brought him home as my Christmas gift. He has a wonderful temperament and is an all around wonderful dog!

Chato (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I got her from an ad on craigslist. She causes trouble and she is a connect licker, but I love her.

brown Pit with white on head and feet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Otis is a 12 week old pit bull. I bought Otis on Dec. 4, 2008, from a couple I work with. I was a supportive friend from conception to birth. Naturally, I wanted one of the puppies.

Otis (Pit Bull)

This is my dog Mallory. She is a 2 years old Pit Bull. My fiance got her for me, and she's practically one of my children.

Mallory (Pit Bull)

Nala is a six year old Pit Bull. She got tangled out in the bushes in our front yard. We called the vet number on her collar and left our phone number, so that the owner could call us to come and get her, but they did not want her back.

Nala (Pit Bull)

Load More
    Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Pit BullJune 19, 2013
    Pit Bull Mix
    Pit Bull Mix Photos
    American Pit Bull Terrier
    American Pit Bull Terrier Information and Photos
    Pit Bull Puppy
    Training a Pit Bull Puppy
    Pit Bull
    Is My Pit Bull Full Blooded?
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 24, 2016 at 6:06:15 AM on 10.0.2.132 in 661 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.