Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos

Category Pit Bull
These popular guard dogs are a sturdy, medium sized pet and great companions for many people. This guide contains pit bull breed information and photos.

My dog is a female. She 11 mouths old. I know she is a Pit, but don't know what kind. I was told ahe was a blue farm and something else. She is really strong and locks her jaw.

How much is it I was thinking about buying one

I got my puppy 3 weeks ago and was told it's a Pit Bull bully. I've been asked if his full blood or a mix and if so what type of Pit Bull is he? What do you all think?

Maybe this will help here's a picture of his parents first one is his dad and the second one is his mom.

What type off Pit Bull is this?

Chihuahua mix, looks like

She is 6 months old and she's very tall and slender. I am wondering what breed?

Great pictures!

She does appear to have some boxer mix but if you do not wish to pay for a DNA test you can try submitting your photos to one of these sites as they are very good at identifying breed & mixes:

https://www.what-dog.net/#

http://www.petm  edia/photoupload

When I got my 2 year old dog Kane, 6 months ago I was told he was a "purebred" American Pit Bull Terrier. At the time, I thought there were only 2 categories he could fall into - purebred and mixed breed. It wasn't until recently, that I discovered there are several types of Pit Bull (i.e.: Red Nose, Blue Nose, Brindle, etc.) Yet, I haven't been able to figure out, which type Kane is. It makes no difference, to me, if he is purebred or mixed. I would just like to know, which category Kane "may" belong to. So, I am hoping that (someone who possesses more, 'Pit Bull expertise' than I) will see the pictures of my sweet, adorable, Kane and be able to determine which Pit Bull type he resembles. Any and all thoughts, on-the-subject, are welcome! Thanks guys.
Christine

awwww he's so cute... I LOVE this breed of dog.

There's actually 4 different types of breed that are considered 'pit bull', these are the American Pit Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

From the picture, your dog is most likely a APBT.

Acceptable colours on the APBT are blue, red, brindle, etc. But these are all the same breed, APBT. They are all simply different colours, the way you have redheads, blondes, brunettes, etc. This site describes it well: "A blue pitbull is quite simply one with a "blue" coat which can range anywhere from a light silvery gray to deep charcoal. Likewise, blue nose pitbulls have grayish nose leather rather than the more common black nose. Blue pitbulls ARE NOT a separate breed or a distinct bloodline of the APBT." http://www.the-  ue-pitbulls.html

Your dog does look to me like it could be one of the red nose variety: http://www.the-  e-pit-bulls.html

What specific type Pit do you think this is? I know he's full blooded just not what specific type. He's almost 11 months old and weights 70 lbs.

I wouldnt mind finding out myself. I hav a pitbull that looks identical. Her name is Hiccup :0

Her name is Coco nd she is 7 months old. I want to know if she is at her right size. If she is not then could y'all help me out by telling me what to feed her. Oh one more thing what is her blood line? Thank you so much to whomever answers.

go to your local co op and buy a bag of sportmix adult bite size dry dog food and get their pure brewers yeast

I have a 5 month old Pit Bull and her feet smell like corn chips. I tried putting powder on them, but that didn't work. She also has a fishy smell, the fish smell comes and goes before she has to go to the bathroom and after.

Katrina from Albany, NY

That fishy smell is her anal glands..if the older is very frequent the vet may need to teach you how to manually express them..as some dogs glands can become impacted. But normally just the act of having a bowl movement is supposed to do the necessary work.

I just got a 1 and a half year old red nose Pit Bull. What should I feed him? How many times?

By shico

When I first got my 2 pits as puppies would fed them a cup of dry food for breakfast and lunch and 1 cup of dry mixed with a can of dog food for dinner. I found that their stool quality was way to mushy, so after a few month and now (a year later) I give them about a cup of dry in the morning and 2 cups in the evening. Try not too fed them too late, like humans they need enough time to digest. Once a week I will give them a can of wet food and if we have an extra piece of chicken her and there, I might give it to them. I use Nutra brand I get it from Petsmart about $40 for a big bag.

He weighs about 65-70 lbs, depending on how much I feed him. I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on him or his breed? Would you say my male dog is a pure breed American Pitbull terrier?

Bodi does look purebred to me. And very handsome. My only concerns about a staffordshire terrier would be to have a good look at his breeding. A popular breed is sometimes not carefully bred for personality traits. In fact some are carefully bred for problematic personality traits. If you do not know his breeding you need to watch for aggressive behavior with other dogs or children. They can be the best dogs ever, but because of careless breeding you need to be careful.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I got my baby in October 2010. Monster is now 5 months old. My boyfriend's friend's Pit Bull had 10 puppies, and we took him off her hands. It was the best decision of my life.

He eats my slippers and follows me everywhere. Monster is my whole world. He always makes me smile. He is a hyper dog, yet knows when to relax. He loves to run around like crazy and eat slippers. He is the most friendly dog I have ever known.

By Erin

Comment Like this photo? 16
Anonymous

Looks like a red nosed in one but a blue nosed in the other. Can't tell with the pics but you defiantly got a gorgeous pit!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Tyson is a 1 year old Pitbull. We got him when he was a puppy, around Aug of 08. He likes to chew up things, run and play, play, play!

I didn't want anything to do with pits before Tyson. But he's a GREAT dog. Really changed my mind about pits. He looks mean, but he is the most loving, gentle dog. I love him!

By Tirzah from San Diego,CA

Tyson (Pitbull)

Comment Like this photo? 12
Anonymous

I have one that looks very much like your dog. we have had her for 2 weeks now. I've been searching her breed and I think she is what is called a red nose pit? Is that what yours is? He's beautiful.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Belle is a 2 1/2 year old Blue Brindle Pitbull. Someone my husband knew, left her locked in a cage all day and he didn't have time for her so we took her when she was 5 months old.

Belle loves to go on trips with us, whether it is to the park or on a road trip. She love going bye bye! Our dog is very smart. She listens very well and plays great with our kids. She is also very protective of our whole family. We love her and I am so glad she came into our life.

By jcollins6404 from Indianapolis, IN

Belle (Pitbull)

Comment Like this photo? 12

That beauty's collar color matches her lipstick perfectly. LOL. Love it! Lucky you! God bless you and His animal Creation. : )

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Pet's Age
8 Weeks

Your Pet's Breed
Pit Bull

How and when did you get your pet?
I got him 2 weeks ago from a friend.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Run like crazy in the back yard and play with water bottles tied up in an old sock.

Comment Like this photo? 7
Anonymous

Thank you, he's a handful, lol

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A pitbull puppy with leaves on the ground

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Bought her from a lady who didn't want her because she was a pit bull, about 1 months ago.

grayish brown Pit Bull

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We got her 3 months ago. She likes to play in the yard, swim, and run.

Jemma Bleue the Bulldog Sitting in Grass

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

Jemma Bleue is a 5 month old pit bull. She's the typical puppy. She likes to bring sticks in the house and then chew them up, drag around things she shouldn't have, finds things I never knew we had, terrorize the cats and harass the older dogs!

Up close photo Gidget.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

We adopted Gidget in February. She is a 2 year old Pit Bull. I was searching the internet to help my mom find a new kitty friend. I came across Gidget's profile on a a rescue's website and fell in love.

Diesel (Bluenose Pit Bull)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Diesel is nine weeks old. He is a bluenose pit bull. We got him on Feb 12, 2011 from a breeder in Rochester, NH. We got to see both of his parents on site. He is a loving, fun, sometimes crazy, little guy.

Belle Button (Pit Bull)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Belle Button is a 4 year old Pit Bull. I got Belle as a rescue at 4 weeks old from a raid at a house that bred dogs for fighting. She likes to play with tennis balls, stuffed toys, squeakers, and go swimming.

Comment Like this photo? 8

Gypsy is 1.5 years old. She is an American Pitbull Terrier. I got her at 7 months old, from a breeder, she wasn't doing well in kennel life, and the breeder wanted her to have a home where she could be with a family as a pet.

Bobby (Pitbull)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Bobby is a 12 year old Pitbull. I have to confess that while Bobby is always in my thoughts, she never was my dog.

Domino (Pit Bull)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Domino is a 1 year old chocolate red nose pit bull. I have had him since he was 2 months old, from a friend. He loves to run, swim, and play tug of war. He is not just a pet, he is a beloved member of the family.

Ace (Pit Bull) - reddish brown Pit Bull lying down

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I saw them advertised on Facebook and went to pick him up. He likes to play tug of war.

Three dogs and a boy, including Sugar (Pitbull)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Why no one came looking for her, I'll never understand.. She sat on Death Row awaiting the Rainbow Bridge; scared, misunderstood, alone, and heart broken. She was saved by a rescue group, I was only her ride to her new foster home.

Leo and Lola (Pit Bull)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Lola (brown) and Leo (black) eventually make their way to my bed just about every night. They snuggle up against my back and Leo rests his head on my neck, and Lola on my hip.

Comment Like this photo? 5

Sheba is 3 years old. She is a full Pitbull. We got her when she was 6 months old. She likes to run, run, run and to play in water. We love her very much, she's a friendly dog.

Dexter the dog running at the park.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Dexter is a 1 year old Pitbull. We got Dexter when he was 6 weeks old, after I lost my black lab Candy. My husband got Dexter to help me with the pain of losing my Candy.

Woman holding three puppies.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Ronnie is a one month old Pit Bull Terrier. I got him from a breeder. He chew on things and pees a lot - lol! He is the one with the white speck on his nose.

Load More