Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos

These popular guard dogs are a sturdy, medium sized pet and great companions for many people. This guide contains pit bull breed information and photos.

February 7, 2017 Flag

She is 6 months old and she's very tall and slender. I am wondering what breed?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great pictures!

She does appear to have some boxer mix but if you do not wish to pay for a DNA test you can try submitting your photos to one of these sites as they are very good at identifying breed & mixes:

https://www.what-dog.net/#

http://www.petm  edia/photoupload

November 21, 2016 Flag

When I got my 2 year old dog Kane, 6 months ago I was told he was a "purebred" American Pit Bull Terrier. At the time, I thought there were only 2 categories he could fall into - purebred and mixed breed. It wasn't until recently, that I discovered there are several types of Pit Bull (i.e.: Red Nose, Blue Nose, Brindle, etc.) Yet, I haven't been able to figure out, which type Kane is. It makes no difference, to me, if he is purebred or mixed. I would just like to know, which category Kane "may" belong to. So, I am hoping that (someone who possesses more, 'Pit Bull expertise' than I) will see the pictures of my sweet, adorable, Kane and be able to determine which Pit Bull type he resembles. Any and all thoughts, on-the-subject, are welcome! Thanks guys.
Christine

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

awwww he's so cute... I LOVE this breed of dog.

There's actually 4 different types of breed that are considered 'pit bull', these are the American Pit Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

From the picture, your dog is most likely a APBT.

Acceptable colours on the APBT are blue, red, brindle, etc. But these are all the same breed, APBT. They are all simply different colours, the way you have redheads, blondes, brunettes, etc. This site describes it well: "A blue pitbull is quite simply one with a "blue" coat which can range anywhere from a light silvery gray to deep charcoal. Likewise, blue nose pitbulls have grayish nose leather rather than the more common black nose. Blue pitbulls ARE NOT a separate breed or a distinct bloodline of the APBT." http://www.the-  ue-pitbulls.html

Your dog does look to me like it could be one of the red nose variety: http://www.the-  e-pit-bulls.html

July 29, 2016 Flag

What specific type Pit do you think this is? I know he's full blooded just not what specific type. He's almost 11 months old and weights 70 lbs.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I wouldnt mind finding out myself. I hav a pitbull that looks identical. Her name is Hiccup :0

September 24, 2015 Flag

Her name is Coco nd she is 7 months old. I want to know if she is at her right size. If she is not then could y'all help me out by telling me what to feed her. Oh one more thing what is her blood line? Thank you so much to whomever answers.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

go to your local co op and buy a bag of sportmix adult bite size dry dog food and get their pure brewers yeast

October 27, 2009 Flag

I just got a 1 and a half year old red nose Pit Bull. What should I feed him? How many times?

By shico

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When I first got my 2 pits as puppies would fed them a cup of dry food for breakfast and lunch and 1 cup of dry mixed with a can of dog food for dinner. I found that their stool quality was way to mushy, so after a few month and now (a year later) I give them about a cup of dry in the morning and 2 cups in the evening. Try not too fed them too late, like humans they need enough time to digest. Once a week I will give them a can of wet food and if we have an extra piece of chicken her and there, I might give it to them. I use Nutra brand I get it from Petsmart about $40 for a big bag.

June 12, 2006 Flag

I have a 5 month old Pit Bull and her feet smell like corn chips. I tried putting powder on them, but that didn't work. She also has a fishy smell, the fish smell comes and goes before she has to go to the bathroom and after.

Katrina from Albany, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

OMG! It is so weird that I read this just 2 days ago. My boyfriend and I noticed our 6 month old pit bull puppy's feet smelled like fritos!

March 26, 2013 Flag

He weighs about 65-70 lbs, depending on how much I feed him. I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on him or his breed? Would you say my male dog is a pure breed American Pitbull terrier?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bodi does look purebred to me. And very handsome. My only concerns about a staffordshire terrier would be to have a good look at his breeding. A popular breed is sometimes not carefully bred for personality traits. In fact some are carefully bred for problematic personality traits. If you do not know his breeding you need to watch for aggressive behavior with other dogs or children. They can be the best dogs ever, but because of careless breeding you need to be careful.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 8, 2009 Flag

Tyson is a 1 year old Pitbull. We got him when he was a puppy, around Aug of 08. He likes to chew up things, run and play, play, play!

I didn't want anything to do with pits before Tyson. But he's a GREAT dog. Really changed my mind about pits. He looks mean, but he is the most loving, gentle dog. I love him!

By Tirzah from San Diego,CA

Tyson (Pitbull)

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I have one that looks very much like your dog. we have had her for 2 weeks now. I've been searching her breed and I think she is what is called a red nose pit? Is that what yours is? He's beautiful.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

February 21, 2011 Flag

I got my baby in October 2010. Monster is now 5 months old. My boyfriend's friend's Pit Bull had 10 puppies, and we took him off her hands. It was the best decision of my life.

He eats my slippers and follows me everywhere. Monster is my whole world. He always makes me smile. He is a hyper dog, yet knows when to relax. He loves to run around like crazy and eat slippers. He is the most friendly dog I have ever known.

By Erin

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Looks like a red nosed but can't tell with the one picture

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

September 14, 2016 Flag

Your Pet's Age
4 1\2 months

Your Pet's Breed
Blue Nose Pit Bull

How and when did you get your pet?
3 months ago

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She likes to play in the yard, swim, and run.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
This pup is a big old baby. When she doesn't get attention and we show more to our Snug she will yelp like she is hurt. She is our baby.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

She is the cuties dog in the world Iam thinking about geting a pitbull

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

June 5, 2009 Flag

Belle (Pitbull)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Belle is a 2 1/2 year old Blue Brindle Pitbull. Someone my husband knew, left her locked in a cage all day and he didn't have time for her so we took her when she was 5 months old.

November 3, 2015 Flag

close up of gray Pit

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I got him 2 weeks ago from a friend. He likes to run like crazy in the back yard and play with water bottles tied up in an old sock.

December 9, 2014 Flag

A pitbull puppy with leaves on the ground

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Bought her from a lady who didn't want her because she was a pit bull, about 1 months ago.

February 2, 2017 Flag

Ace (Pit Bull) - reddish brown Pit Bull lying down

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I saw them advertised on Facebook and went to pick him up. He likes to play tug of war.

December 14, 2011 Flag

Up close photo Gidget.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We adopted Gidget in February. She is a 2 year old Pit Bull. I was searching the internet to help my mom find a new kitty friend. I came across Gidget's profile on a a rescue's website and fell in love.

September 19, 2011 Flag

Jemma Bleue the Bulldog Sitting in Grass

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Jemma Bleue is a 5 month old pit bull. She's the typical puppy. She likes to bring sticks in the house and then chew them up, drag around things she shouldn't have, finds things I never knew we had, terrorize the cats and harass the older dogs!

March 2, 2011 Flag

Diesel (Bluenose Pit Bull)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Diesel is nine weeks old. He is a bluenose pit bull. We got him on Feb 12, 2011 from a breeder in Rochester, NH. We got to see both of his parents on site. He is a loving, fun, sometimes crazy, little guy.

October 15, 2009 Flag

Belle Button (Pit Bull)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Belle Button is a 4 year old Pit Bull. I got Belle as a rescue at 4 weeks old from a raid at a house that bred dogs for fighting. She likes to play with tennis balls, stuffed toys, squeakers, and go swimming.

October 7, 2009 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Gypsy is 1.5 years old. She is an American Pitbull Terrier. I got her at 7 months old, from a breeder, she wasn't doing well in kennel life, and the breeder wanted her to have a home where she could be with a family as a pet.

March 6, 2012 Flag

Bobby (Pitbull)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Bobby is a 12 year old Pitbull. I have to confess that while Bobby is always in my thoughts, she never was my dog.

March 1, 2011 Flag

Domino (Pit Bull)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Domino is a 1 year old chocolate red nose pit bull. I have had him since he was 2 months old, from a friend. He loves to run, swim, and play tug of war. He is not just a pet, he is a beloved member of the family.

Load More
Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Pit BullJune 19, 2013
Pit Bull Mix
Pit Bull Mix Photos
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier Information and Photos
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull
Is My Pit Bull Full Blooded?
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 19, 2017 at 6:10:19 PM on 10.0.2.60 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.