Pit Bull Mix Photos

Some of the best family pets are mixed breed dogs. This page contains Pit Bull mix photos.

July 10, 2006 Flag

Can any one tell me what kind of dog this is? He showed up a couple of months ago, skin and bones, and now is acting like a circus dog with how he jumps and plays with his toys. LOL!

Ashley from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

can you post a more upright picture of him? Kinda resembles a yellow lab-how big is he?

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 12, 2016 Flag

Your Pet's Age
3 years

Your Pet's Breed
Bull Mastiff/Pit Bull Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
This guy came to live with me when he was about 5 weeks old and remained part of the family for 5 years. He was the unfortunate victim of being stolen for the purposes of breeding and being made to fight in a local dog fighting ring. He was the sweetest gentlest animal. Being a Bull Mastiff/Pit Bull mix gave him very sought after features for these type of people.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
His favorite thing to do is escape from the house, yard, or kennel and try to get you to chase him. He could do this until he has run you up and down the street through neighbor's yards, everywhere. However, if you gave up and went home he would be scratching at the front door in 5 minutes to get in. This was his favorite game, needless to say, I preferred fetch, tug of war and things of that nature lol.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
I just posted this in memory of my good friend hoping to raise awareness to dog fighting. The animals used in this criminal activity are treated unspeakable, many live lives without veterinary care or proper food and water on a daily basis. Many that are gentle natured are turned in to what is known as a "bait" dog, meaning they know he does not have the right temperament to be a "champion fight dog" so they force him to fight the dog that they will be fighting so that that dog can train for the fight and be taught to fight viciously to the death.

Dogs by nature do not fight one another to the death. They fight until one submits and once that happens the dominate dog backs off because he has proven himself the leader. It's the people who participate in these events that force their dogs to fight till the death. The biggest toughest meanest dog who has killed the most is highly valuable as is his offspring. There is big money in this and we, as animal lovers, need to be on the lookout for these animals as they have no way to stop what's being done to them.

I never knew my next door neighbor was involved in this type of thing. I knew he had different dogs that would stay at his house for short periods of time and he would just say he was keeping them for a friend for awhile. I just thought he was a dog lover like me and trusted my dog over in his yard to play. It wasn't until well after the disappearance of my dog and a mutual friend dropped a hint in my ear that our area was known to host dog fights did I put two and two together. I reported him to law enforcement and he received a cruelty to animals charge, but paying that ticket is pennies compared to what he makes fighting so it's no deterrent. Meanwhile perfectly descent Pit Bulls are being made into monsters and people think this is their genuine nature. They are euthanized just for their breed and banned from several counties and jurisdictions for a problem little to do with them being Pit Bulls, but for people acting like savage animals for fun and

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

December 3, 2009 Flag

This is Gypsy. The vet says she is just over a year. She has got Pitt in her, but has a cute bull dog chin. She showed up at a neighbors house about 3 months ago, very sick and chewed up by other dogs. I wasn't ready for a new dog because we had just lost our beloved Spike, a Golden Retriever, in April. So, I figured we could get her medical attention and maybe get her adoptable.

After about 5 Vet trips, she is healthy but will never be adoptable. She is still trying to trust us. It will be a long road, but looks like we got a new friend, whether we were ready or not. I think maybe Spike sent her our way.

So far, she does not understand how to play or have fun. The only time she has wagged her tail was for our cat, Guy. So for now eating is her fun time. Everything she gets, she acts as if it is a feast. Because of the way she was abused, it is going to be a long road indeed. Also this is the best picture I can get of her for now. The camera, "a foreign object", scares her terribly

By Cara from Fruitland Park, FL

Gypsy Eating

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 7 Comments

November 23, 2010 Flag

Zues is a 3 Month old Pit Bull/Beagle. I got him in the Summer of 2010. He likes the newspaper, chewing, running and jumping. When he looks at you with those eyes, the bad days just melt away.

By Kathy

Black puppy.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

January 6, 2016 Flag

I adopted her from a shelter in April 2014.Betty loves treats, playing with her friends at day care, and trying to sneak her way up the bed instead of sleeping at the foot of the bed. She's a cuddle monster!

Betty (Pit/Boxer Cross)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 21, 2010 Flag

Blossom is a 6 month old Pit Bull Mix. Blossom came to us about 1 month ago. Blossom had mange and her eyes were so infected they were closed shut. We rescued her from certain death at a shelter. Her previous owner was prosecuted for allowing her to get so bad and no treatment.

Black and white Pit.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 28, 2015 Flag

We rescued her from the streets of Boston when she was 6 weeks old. She likes to play with her stuffed hedgehog.

Chelsea black puppy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 27, 2016 Flag

Rudy came crashing through the woods across from my driveway one day while I was pulling in. He was about 9 months old. I gave him some water, but no food, so that he'd go back home. Eventually it was evident that he wasn't going anywhere.

Rudy in the front seat of a car

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 4, 2009 Flag

Johnny Ramone is 3 years old. He is a German Shepherd/Lab/Pit Bull mix. I got him at 7 weeks old.

Brindle colored dog.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 24, 2015 Flag

We just adopted our newest member of the family! Duke was the runt of the litter we heard about at a local vet office.

sleeping in dog bed

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 15, 2016 Flag

We adopted Boomer from the Humane Society in Wisconsin 7 and a half years ago. Boomer loves to cuddle. He thinks he's a lap dog, but he weighs 90 lbs. He also love to be outside all the time!

tri-colored dog lying in its bed

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 13, 2012 Flag

Chong is an 8 week old part hound and Pit mix. We got her about two weeks ago from a friend who had the mom and couldn't afford to keep the puppies. She mostly likes to play with humans, but does have a few chew toys that she enjoys.

Man holding puppy up to his face.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 16, 2010 Flag

Jubilee is almost 2 years old and half Rhodesian Ridgeback and Pitbull. I got her in March of 2009. She loves playing tug of war, stealing fabric softener and being chased around the house, walks, cuddling, having her belly rubbed and more.

Reddish brown dog.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 17, 2009 Flag

Sinue will be 6 months old this week-end. Sinue is a Pitbull mix, that I got from my daughter. She likes to run the back yard and follow you wherever you go. She is very sweet and likes to meet new people.

Brown puppy with blue harness.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 12, 2011 Flag

These two pups, Frankie a Schnauzer mix and Belle a Pit Bull mix, shared a wonderful, playful bond. They were always seen expressing their devotion to one another.

2 small dogs kissing

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 23, 2015 Flag

Josie was dropped off at a dog shelter in Philly in July 2014. Nothing is known about her past life, but it seems like she didn't have much love before she came to us.

in car wearing her red sweater

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 25, 2016 Flag

We rescued her from a shelter two months ago. She is constantly playing with our German Shepherd, Loki.

Maze with a  tabby cat

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 27, 2016 Flag

She was baby and the only cute girl from the pack. Her father was my stepson's dog and he loved me. At first I did not like Pit Bulls at all, but then I met Apache and that was it and now I have my baby girl.

Sasha (Pit Bull Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 5, 2016 Flag

Jade was a rescue 7 1/2 years ago, Gus is a granddog who came to live with us for a temp visit and never went home 3 1/2 years ago, Tonka was an adopted dog from birth 13 years ago (Tonka passed away last year 2015 and "Oh how we miss her").

dogs sleeping together

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 16, 2015 Flag

I acquired him when a friend moved away almost two years ago. Tyson enjoys being loved more than anything else. Well, almost anything. He's a sook when it comes to being on the bed. He totally understands that we sit on comfy couches and lay on soft beds and he only gets a blanket on the floor.

Tyson (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2006 Flag

Kokoa Girl is a 4 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. Kokoa Girl came to our home, only for a visit, when she was 8 weeks only. She has been with us ever since. . .

Pit bull in flowers

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 3, 2015 Flag

I rescued her from abuse at age 7-8 months. She had never seen daylight until that day. She was locked in a dark basement and starved since born.

Shae (Pit Bull)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 14, 2009 Flag

Her real name is Sinew, but we call her Baby Girl. She is a 4 month old Pitbull and Rottweiler. We got her when she was 8 weeks old, but we visited her every day before that.

Dog on man's back as he exercises.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 8, 2015 Flag

I got my Princess 3 years ago. I found her on Craigslist.

Princess (Pittbull Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 30, 2010 Flag

Molly is a 3 year old Pitbull/Boston Terrier Mix. I Found her as a stray. She likes to lick the heck out of us! She needs a home! We are fostering her!

Black and white dog.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 16, 2006 Flag

Sophie is a 3 year old Pitbull mix. She was "shopping" when we found her, running in and out of the automatic doors. She came right to me so we made an announcement, no one claimed her.

Brown and white Pit mix.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 18, 2005 Flag

Nelson is 6 years old and is a mixed breed, possibly pit bull/bird dog I picked him up on side of road 4 years ago, someone had dumped him. He likes to go for rides in the truck.

Closeup of Nelson

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 10, 2011 Flag

Ruby is a 6 year old Pit Bull mix. I got her after my husband passed away. She been the joy of my life. She likes to hang out with me.

Closeup of Ruby.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 7, 2009 Flag

Tonka is an 8 year old Pitbull mix. Tonka came to us from Newark NJ ASPCA. She was found tied to a tree so my family and I took pity and rescued her.

Black Pit mix.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Photos Pets DogsOctober 20, 2013
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull
Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier Information and Photos
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:56:37 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.