Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

I have a mark on my dark wood coffee table that I am unable to remove. We placed a hot pizza box on the table and it has left a white and gray mark. I have tried cleaners and lemon juice but nothing has worked. Any suggestions about how to fix this would be appreciated.

Shelley from Australia

Answers:

Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

A wet glass stain is often grey and can be removed with cigarette ashes and spit. Sounds gross, but it works. Work it in with your finger leave a while and wipe off. (05/16/2006)

By Siri

Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

Try spraying some Awesome on the stain, let sit a few minutes and then wipe off, may need a little bit of elbow grease and/or a 2nd application of Awesome. I have found Awesome removes a lot of things I didn't think possible, even permanent marker from my coffee table that dd thought she could "decorate". Good Luck! (05/17/2006)

By jmz2005

Pizza Box Stain on Furniture

I use mayonnaise, which is simple, inexpensive and, most importantly, effective. The oil in it works wonders. Rub just a little into the area with the stain and let it sit for awhile and then buff it off. I have been doing this for years and it works great! I also use it for glass stains as well. (07/03/2006)

By mpfickling