Pork and Bean Bread

• 2 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 can pork and beans (remove fat)
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup nuts
  • 1 cup raisins

Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pork and beans together enough to mash all the beans. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to pork and bean mixture. Stir only enough to moisten completely. Add vanilla, nuts, and raisins. Bake in a loaf pan at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Sounds crazy but it's good!

By Robin

Pork and Bean Bread

Pork and Bean Bread

I found this same recipe in a book titled "Just Cakes". I tried it just out of curiousity and it really is delicious. Everyone loved it and thought it was a nice spice cake. I waited until it was all eaten before giving away the "secret". Now I`ve also given the recipe as several people wanted it. It`s yummy! (04/02/2005)

By mairmie

Pork and Bean Bread
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
black bean burger
Bean Burger Recipes
Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney Bean Salad Recipes