Prepare for School the Night Before

My grandchildren live with me, and mornings were chaotic getting them ready for school. Now at night each child has to get their clothes ready for the next day, put their shoes by the door, and have their backpacks next to them. Each morning, they have to fold their pajamas and put them under their pillow. It makes for a much less stressful morning!

By Teresa from Lansing, MI

I also found it helped to make sure anything that had to go to school was packed up the night before. That included everything from packed lunches to homework. Anything to ease the stress of the morning rush!

As a mom of three boys and a teacher, I commend you for posting this tip. It eliminates a lot of the chaos in the morning and ensures that hot dog sale money, due library books, show and tell items, hand in assignments, and all that sort of thing are ready to go and not forgotten.

Young Girl with Backpack and Apple Ready for School
Preparing for School the Night Before
Parenting School AdviceMay 24, 2011
moonflower closeup
Growing Moonflowers
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School