Preparing Corn on the Cob in Advance

I'm having 130 people for a BBQ. I would like to prepare the corn on the cob days in advance. Can I husk, butter and season, wrap in foil and freeze for two days prior to the affair? I will then cook it in a convection oven.

By Terri

Unless you don't have room in your fridge for all that corn, it isn't necessary to freeze it. My friend just puts the corn on a baking sheet corn in their husk and and puts into a 350 oven for 30 minutes. Comes out perfect every time and is super easy to husk!

I always marinate my corn before I cook it. Keep the corn in the husks and and some herbs(garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, seasoned salt, pepper, chili powder, etc.) whatever you have on hand, then add enough water to cover the corn. Then either grill it or bake it with some water and foil. You can marinate it for up to a week if you change out the water every couple days. Comes out sooooo good. I always husk them then add a little Parmesan and butter, I always get compliments on it.

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJune 29, 2011
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave