Pressure Cooker Brown Rice
Vote for this contest contender!
I prefer brown rice, but don't always have time to make it because it takes 45 minutes. I can now do it in the pressure cooker for a half hour or less.
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Total Time: 28-30 minutes
Yield: 2 cups rice
Source: Instant Pot Community Facebook page
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- Put a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Put 1 cup of water in the pot.
- Get a stainless steel bowl that fits into the pot.
- Put in the cup of rice and 1 1/4 cup of water into the bowl. Add oil to prevent foaming.
- Put the bowl on the trivet in the pot.
- Lock lid. Pressure cook 18-20 minutes.
- Natural release 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork before serving.
Related Content(article continues below)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 23, 2017 at 7:10:45 PM on 10.0.2.190 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us