Problems Contacting Freecycle Moderator

With so many ThriftyFun members being Freecycle members as well, I hope someone can answer this question.

In the past I have had questions for the local Freecycle moderator, none were answered. Recently, I submitted a post asking for old telephone books, July 18. It is still 'awaiting mod approval'. I sent an email to the moderator to ask if something was wrong. I've never gotten a reply.

Then I submitted another very similar post, July 28. It too is 'awaiting mod approval'.

I would like to contact the home office or head moderator to ask them if there is a problem. I cannot find any way to contact anyone other than the local moderator.

Does anyone know how?

I am a moderator and have begged for help in my group. No one has stepped up to help. As a result, if I am on vacation or sick or when I had surgery, it sat for over a month. It could be the same situation with your group. Go to https://wiki.fr … ks_%26_Resources and look under member resource.

Thanks for the link!

I followed your link and sent an email explaining my problem. I immediately got a rubber stamp reply with tips on how to access my account in the event I was having trouble doing so. The reply was of no use to me, at all.

I assume your moderator is away for some reason. In the meantime, there are Facebook groups that perform the same function. Try to find one of those or try Craigslist.

When I first joined Freecycle, over two years ago, I saw some things offered that I would like to have. However, by the time the items were posted, they were already taken. At the time, I did not know you could go to the site before new posts were published and ask for the items.

I wrote the moderator asking how they were posted and taken in the same publishing. I never got an answer. That was over two years ago. Neither have any of my questions since been answered. If she/ he's been away that long, it's too long.

Freecycle is in need of moderators. It is all done for free. You probably aren't getting an answer because there is no one in your area to answer it. I would go to the site(freecycle.org)and see if there is a national email or number you can call. I didn't see one. You might also put up a note on the Facebook Freecycle profile and see if you can get some feedback that way.

Actually - I think I do. I have contacted someone before and they answered within 24 hours.

You can try this email but I think it may be best just to say you are having problems and not give any other information until they contact you. I remember that I used another email address rather than the one listed on freecycle. I'm not sure all that is necessary but I got the information I wanted.

help@freecycle.org