Protecting My Hibiscus Plant From Little Green Worms

I need some help. We have several hibiscus plants and every year they are attacked by something that eats the leaves, they look like tiny green worms and they leave the leaves looking like lace. The plant continues to grow and flower, but the plant looks terrible. We have tried everything, can someone tell us what this is and how to take care of it?

Debbie

Answers:

Have you tried using soapy (with Palmolive green) water? Try it every couple of days for a week or two and if they are anything akin to things like aphids, they will disappear. (05/17/2005)

By lahlbrand

I mix dish soap and water and spray the leaves, every couple of days. This works on most bugs;
just a little soap goes a long way. (05/17/2005)

By Susan from Hamilton

You can buy B.T. (bacillus thuriengisis) at any nursery. It's actually a bacteria that gets into almost every kind of above-ground worm and kills it dead. We use it routinely for cabbage, brussel sprouts, any greens, and even rhubarb. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work on your hibiscus. The best part is, it's totally harmless to any other life form, including kids and pets. (05/18/2005)

By Coreen

Growing Hibiscus
Growing Hibiscus Plants
Transplanting a Hibiscus
Transplanting a Hibiscus
Starting a Hibiscus from a Cutting
Starting a Hibiscus from a Cutting
Hibiscus Flower
Getting Hibiscus Flowers to Bloom
🎉
🎄