Pumpkin Pancakes

Add taste and nutrition to your plain pancakes by adding canned pumpkin. We all LOVE our pancakes this way. Just mix 1 cup of complete pancake mix with 2/3 cup water, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (opt) and 1/3 cup pumpkin. That's it!! These are economical and easy and de-licious!! Of course, if you make homemade, you can do the same.

Sometimes we will top them with pecans or sliced bananas, or put chopped apple in.

By Carol from Landisville, PA

Answers:

Pumpkin Pancakes

What a great idea! Does anyone have any other uses for leftover canned pumpkin? My husband bought a large can for me and I only needed a small amount for a pumpkin roll that I made. Needless to say, I need ideas for using up the remaining pumpkin. Thanks! (05/13/2008)

By Maryeileen

Pumpkin Pancakes

I bet these are moist and super-tasty! As far as the left over pumpkin, you can feed a teaspoon per day to your cat to stop hairballs. I'd simply freeze the rest of the pumpkin in zip-lock bags. Just put 1/4 cup in each bag.

* OR you can add the pumpkin in place of oil or Crisco to any baked good recipe like cakes, cookies or muffins for a moist and tasty treat without added fat! (05/13/2008)

By Cyinda

Pumpkin Pancakes

My husband made these today and in addition to the cinnamon he added a bit of nutmeg. He also added a handful of chopped pecans to the batter and they were great!

Cyinda...thanks for the ideas. I wasn't sure if canned pumpkin could be frozen. Also, we have 3 cats so some of it will be used to prevent hairballs. (05/14/2008)

By Maryeileen