Puppy Pooping Inside

My puppy is 8 weeks old. I feed him and give him some time, then take him out to potty. Outside I walk with him and let him run around. He pees OK, but it can be 20 minutes waiting for him to poop. If nothing happens I bring him inside and then he poops! What do I do to change that?

Each time he poops in the house, into his crate he goes. He will learn that if he wants free reign of the house, he will have to do his business outside.

Try this. When he poops inside pick the poop up & put it out in the garden & leave it here. Show him where it is. Now each time you take him out put him next to the poop. Also get in the habit of taking him out every 3 hours. Never hit him if a mistake is made. Have a place in the garage maybe with a large pen that is his safe place. Leave newspaper down. If he goes on the newspaper then this is a good thing.