Rates for Cleaning Services

I want to start a housecleaning service and have no idea what to charge. Is it better to charge by the job or by the hour? There will be 2 people working at one time. What would be a fair price to charge for my area? I am near Atlanta, GA.

By Mimi from Atlanta, GA

Answers:

Rates for Cleaning Services

Why not call a few services in your area and ask what they charge? No one has to know you're planning to compete with them! :) (10/21/2009)

By lah34a

Rates for Cleaning Services

Call cleaning services and ask them what will be done for a two hour, two cleaner booking. Call all the ones in the book, and you should have a good idea of what the going rate is, then decide what you want to do. You can charge the same, or a little less until you get more experience, or charge by the job until you get really efficient (which will basically be putting the responsibility on you, which is fair). When you get more efficient, you'll still get paid, but it won't take you as long so you can book more. However, if you are experienced and efficient (by your own estimation), that doesn't apply and you just need to find out the going rate.

A few years back, I called a popular service, Merry Maids maybe, and for 2 hours, two cleaners, and $45 dollars, one got vacuuming, picking up anything on the floor, dusting, emptying wastebaskets, counter wiping, picking up magazines, a quick clean of mirror in bathroom. It really wasn't so much. I don't even recall dishwasher loading, wiping stove and fridge, beds, toilets. I think some of that was extra and anything like cleaning the fridge inside or cleaning the stove was much more. Basically people got tidying they didn't like doing. More than tidying, was more. (10/21/2009)

By PIKKA

Rates for Cleaning Services

My husband and I do the same thing together and charge $15 each. So for one hour we get $30 total. Sometimes one of us can't make it to a job, so that job turns into two hours for the one person (at $15/hr) and the customer still pays $30. Hope that helps! Good luck! (10/23/2009)

By PainterLee

Rates for Cleaning Services
weighing postage
Finding Postage Rates Online
A family at an animal shelter.
Services Offered at Animal Shelters
Someone mopping a floor.
How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?
A professional cleaner with his cleaning supplies.
Setting Rates for Cleaning Services
🎄